These resources will educate and assist churches in setting up proper prevention systems as well as creating environments of care for victims and survivors.
The Child Safeguarding Policy Guide for Churches & Ministries
Basyle Tchividjian and Shira M. Berkovits
Becoming a Church That Cares Well for the Abused
A Church Called Tov: Forming a Goodness Culture That Resists Abuses of Power and Promotes Healing
Scot McKnight and Laura Barringer
Reporting Information for MD/DE:
County-specific phone numbers for reporting in Maryland
Reporting information for Delaware
Darkness To Light
Trauma-Informed Biblical Counselors in Maryland:
Led Life, LLC
Dr. Bergina Isbell
Trauma and PTSD
Cognitive Processing Therapy
Cognitive Behavior Therapy
Life Counseling Center
2600 Marriottsville Rd., Marriottsville, MD 21104
Christian Trauma Counseling
- MinistrySafe – Use this landing page to receive a discount for MD/DE churches.
- Protect My Ministry– Use this landing page to receive a discount for MD/DE churches.
- GRACE Godly Response to Abuse in the Christian Environment
- Caring Well
- Church Cares
- Evangelical Council for Abuse Prevention
- Brotherhood Mutual
- Church Mutual
- Maryland Child Advocacy Centers (for each county) – These centers provide a one-stop location for families recovering from the devastation of child abuse by providing forensically sound interviews, scheduling medical examinations, on-site therapy, and follow-up services. All of these services are provided free of charge. A great place to assist families with where to turn when abuse has occurred inside or outside of the church.
PDF downloads, including sample documents:
- Caring Well Hiring Guide
- Sexual Abuse Prevention Assessment for Churches – Church Mutual
- Dealing with Sex Offenders – This fact sheet addresses the delicate situation in which a congregation learns that a convicted sex offender has been attending its services or activities.
- Registered Sex Offenders In Ministry – Brotherhood Mutual
- Response Plan for Sexual Abuse Against a Minor – Brad Hambrick
- Sample Application for Volunteers and Employees
- Sample Volunteer Application – Youth
- Sample Code of Conduct – Youth
- Sample Code of Conduct – Adults
- Sample Policies and Procedure for Children’s and Youth Ministry
Child Advocacy Centers
These centers provide a one-stop location for families recovering from the devastation of child abuse by providing forensically sound interviews, scheduling medical examinations, on-site therapy, and follow-up services. All of these services are provided free of charge. A great place to assist families with where to turn when abuse has occurred inside or outside of the church.
Tom Stolle interviews Kerry Day, President and CEO of American Insurance Marketing Corporation. Kerry discusses some of the insurance requirements churches may face in regard to child sexual abuse in the church. He also answers some essential questions churches may have.
Learn more about what a child advocacy center does in this video interview with Tom Stolle and Lauren Cooper, Executive Director of Worcester County’s child advocacy center, The Cricket Center.