AWAKEN is a Church Revitalization Process for pastors of churches on long-term plateau or early decline.
What is the AWAKEN process?
Awaken is a 10-month, covenant journey, with a cohort of other BCMD pastors and churches, that is action oriented. The process is roughly 5 months of content exploration and discovery followed by 5 months of coached implementation.
- six workshops delivered over 3 days
- readings, actions, carrying the teachings and experiences to carefully selected leaders in your congregations
- a strategic process design exercise
- personal coaching for implementing the plan
- feedback loops to help monitor progress
- an ongoing opportunity to join the growing AWAKEN alumni group, building into each other and accessing carefully selected revitalization resources for the ongoing journey of making disciples of Jesus Christ
What will we explore?
- The Spiritual habit, personal practice and corporate discipline of discernment
- A comprehensive change cycle
- Redeeming conflict to honor God’s abiding love for people and devotion to Christ’s mission, while recognizing and responding to any conflict that becomes divisive
- Leading with courage by instilling courage in the lives of those whom you lead
- The muck and mire that is sometimes polity, organization, and systems
- Proven practices for being more externally focused
- Strategic process design and an externally focused strategic plan
To inquire about when the next AWAKEN cohort will form, email Randy Millwood at email@example.com.