Strengthening Churches Grants
Frequently Asked Questions
What are Strengthening Churches Grants?
What are the Criteria for Grant Funding?
Due to limited resources, requests for projects related to construction or transportation will not be considered. First-time requests will be given priority. Grants will be funded based on the following predetermined criteria:
- Potential for reaching and discipling unchurched people
- Potential for continued influence in the church or association ministry
- Availability of other resources for funding the project
- Project fits into a comprehensive vision/strategy that would conserve/magnify results
- Church or Association has demonstrated its support of the Cooperative Program and/or the Baptist Convention of Maryland/Delaware mission causes
- Those receiving Strengthening Churches Funds must agree to submit a final evaluation of the project within thirty days after the completion of the project. Failure to submit a written evaluation may jeopardize the consideration of any future grant applications.
- Priority will be given to churches and associations that are submitting first-time requests.
- Church plants in existence for three years or less are NOT eligible for a Strengthening Churches grant.
What Documents Must be Submitted with the Grant Application?
- A copy of your current budget
- Your most recent monthly or quarterly financial statement
- A detailed explanation and cost projection for the proposed project
Applications submitted with incomplete documentation will not be considered.
What are Important Dates for Grant Applications?
- Grant applications may be submitted from January 15, 2023, through April 30, 2023.
- April 30, 2023, is the deadline for receiving grant applications.
- Recipients will be determined by the committee on or before May 26, 2023. If approved, grants (contract and check) will be delivered to the church on or before June 16, 2023.
How Do I Submit the Grant Application and Supporting Documents?
Scan and Upload Documents
Scan and upload documents in the Application Section of this webpage
If emailing, scan all documents and email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If mailing documents, send to:
Baptist Convention of Maryland/Delaware
10255 Old Columbia Road
Columbia, MD 21046-1716
What are the Post Grant Funding Requirements?
If you are awarded grants funds, you will be required to submit a written evaluation within 30 days of completion of the project to the Strengthening Churches Grants Committee of the General Mission Board.
Please include your evaluation of the overall success of the project and at least one positive outcome from the effort. Submit written evaluation via email to email@example.com. Failure to submit a written evaluation may jeopardize consideration of future grant applications.
Who Do I Contact if I have Questions?
THE STRENGTHENING CHURCHES GRANT APPLICATION DEADLINE HAS ENDED.
We appreciate your interest in the Strengthening Churches Grants. These funds are made available annually to assist churches and associations in projects designed to expand the outreach and ministry of churches in existence for three years or more.
We hope you’ll apply next year for a Strengthening Grant once the application period has opened for 2024.
The BCM/D Team
Watch the below interview with Mark Dooley and Ebony Davis who serves as the Youth Minister at Trinity Baptist Church. Hear her talk about the Church Strengthening Grant they received in 2022.