This policy describes how the Baptist Convention of Maryland/Delaware collects and uses information from Users and Visitors to the the Baptist Convention of Maryland/Delaware’s website (the “Website”).
By using the Website, you consent to our collection, storage, use, and disclosure of information as described in this policy.
The information the Baptist Convention of Maryland/Delaware may collect and store includes the following:
- E-mail address, contact information, and other information provided as part of registration as a User;
- Registration Information and other content and information uploaded and posted to our Website;
- Articles, content, discussion threads, comments, and other postings; and
- Other information from your interaction with the Website, including computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the Website, ad data, internet protocol (IP) address, and standard web log information; and
We use reasonable efforts to accurately store and record your data accurately when it is submitted to us through our Website. We do not assume any responsibility for verifying the ongoing accuracy of identifying information after it has been submitted to us.
Use of Your Information
Our primary purpose in collecting information is to provide a safe, smooth, efficient, and customized experience for users of the Website. We use such information to:
- Operate the Website;
- Provide services requested by you or your organization;
- Prevent or respond to prohibited or illegal activities;
- Measure, and improve our performance of our Website; and
Disclosure of Your Information
We do not disclose identifying information to any third parties, except under the following circumstances:
- Your information may be available to third parties providing computer system administration services, maintenance or other services to our Website, networks, servers, communications or databases. However, under no circumstances do we permit such third parties to use that information for other purposes.
- We may provide your information to governmental agencies or other third parties as required by law and regulations, including responding to subpoenas, court orders or other legal processes.
- Your information may be provided to third-party service providers to assist us with our operations and to provide services to you.
Accessing, Reviewing, and Changing Your Information
If you are a registered User, you can see, review, and change most of your Registration Information by signing in to your account. Generally, we will not manually modify your information, because it is very difficult to verify your identity remotely. You must promptly update your registration information if it changes or is inaccurate.
Once you upload or post any content (or participate in a discussion), you may not be able to change or remove it. Upon your request, we will close your account and remove your personal information from view as soon as reasonably possible, based on your account activity and in accordance with applicable law.
We retain personal information from closed accounts to comply with the law, prevent fraud, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations, enforce our agreements, policies, and guidelines, and take other actions permitted by law.
The Baptist Convention of Maryland/Delaware will use reasonable security tools (e.g., encryption, passcodes, physical security) to protect information against unauthorized access and disclosure. However, third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications, and other users may abuse or misuse your information that they collect from the Website. Therefore, although we work very hard to protect your privacy, we cannot promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information or private communications will always remain private.
This policy addresses the use and disclosure of information we collect or receive from you through the Website. If you disclose your information to third parties, including to other Users or visitors, through our Website or other means, different rules may apply to their use or disclosure of the information you disclose to them. The Baptist Convention of Maryland/Delaware does not control the use of your information by third parties (except where they act on our behalf), and you are subject to the privacy policies of third parties where applicable.
Our Website is directed to churches, businesses, government agencies and adult individuals who may be interested in our services and content. The Website is not intended nor designed to collect personal information from children under 14 years of age or as otherwise provided under the Children’s Online Privacy Act. Children under 14 years old should not provide personal information to us. We will immediately remove any such personal information from children as soon as we are alerted to the presence of the information.
The Baptist Convention of Maryland/Delaware may amend this policy at any time by posting the amended terms on the Website.