Columbia, MD | Communications Manager/Editor
Execute Convention communication efforts, to consistently articulate the mission and messaging of the Baptist Convention of Maryland/Delaware, encouraging engagement with resources and services we offer to the churches we serve.
- Generate content that honors God and tells the stories of the Convention’s churches, partner associations, and national entities
- Develop and manage all social media, web content, podcast, print, e-news, and digital collateral
- Conduct interviews for content, including both formal and informal video interviews
- Video, audio, photography production/editing
- Maintain media library
- Evaluate, collaborate, and execute communication strategies to advance the core mission and brand of the Convention through BaptistLIFE and various media
- Manage and produce content for BaptistLIFE quarterly magazine and blog
- Oversee the management of content lifecycle to include the planning, designing, innovation, curating, and archiving of content
- Liaison with Baptist Press, Baptist News Global, and Baptist state/national entities as needed
- Work with team leaders to promote events and strategic initiatives through story development, reporting, photography, and publishing of related material
- Assist in the development and promotion of the Cooperative Program, State Missions Offering, and Convention Annual Meeting
- Manage all media contacts
- Experience with Creative Cloud and WordPress
- Must be able to travel regularly
- Other duties, as assigned
Position functions within the mission, strategies, policies and guidelines of the Convention.
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.