Columbia, MD | Communications Manager/Editor
The Communications Manager assists in setting and guiding the strategy for
communications, website, public relations messages, and collateral to consistently
articulate the mission and strategy of the Baptist Convention of Maryland/Delaware.
- Lead the generation of content that honors God and tells the stories of the
Convention’s churches, partner associations and national entities.
- Collaborate, execute, and evaluate communication strategies to advance the core
strategies and the brand of the Convention through BaptistLIFE and various
- Manage the development, distribution, and maintenance of social media, website
content, print and electronic collateral including, but not limited to, quarterly
BaptistLIFE magazines, bi-weekly e-newsletters, branded print collateral,
- Work with team leaders to promote their events and strategic initiatives through
story development, reporting, photography and publishing of related material.
Seek to use and repurpose this content in blog posts, white papers, and other
media for maximum viability.
- Assist in the development and promotion of state missions offering and annual
meeting promotional materials.
- Liaison with Baptist Press, Baptist News Global and Baptist state/national
entities as needed to ensure the Baptist Convention of Maryland/Delaware is
- Oversee the management of a content lifecycle to include the planning,
designing, innovation, curating, and archiving of content.
- Track and measure the level of engagement within the Convention over time
through surveys, online interactions, and other metrics.
- Manage all media contacts.
- As time allows, send out press releases to community news outlets at the request
of local churches.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Position functions within the mission, strategies, policies and guidelines of the