- This event has passed.
Situational Leadership II, Redland
September 13, 2017 @ 9:00 am - 3:30 pm$25
Three opportunities available to attend:
Situational Leadership® II is a model, based on biblical principles, for developing people and strengthening relationships in the local church. It is a strategy for increasing commitment and competence in workers, and for aligning individual and church-wide goals.
Situational Leaders, and the people they work with, are more skillful, adaptable, and open to new challenges.
Because it opens up communication, Situational Leadership® II invites church leaders to develop the skills they need to become more motivated and competent in their area of ministry. The role of the Situational Leader is to provide key leaders with whatever it takes — goals, direction, training, support, feedback, or recognition — to develop their skills and conﬁdence.
Part of the Healthy Leaders for Healthy Churches Leadership Development Series.
Registration deadline is September 8, 2017
Registration & Refreshments
Leadership for the Future
Beliefs and Building Blocks
Diagnosis – The Disciples as a model
Flexibility – Jesus as a model
SLII Skill Practice
Partnering for Performance
- Examine the servant leadership model set for us by Christ
- Assess your ﬂexibility in using the four leadership styles — Directing, Coaching, Supporting, and Delegating — and how eﬀective you are in matching the appropriate style to the situation.
- Identify the characteristics and needs of workers and church members at diﬀerent levels of development.
- Understand the consequences of using inappropriate leadership styles and the negative impact it will have on morale in your church.
- Explore how meeting the developmental needs of workers with the appropriate leadership style will increase your church’s overall eﬀectiveness in ministry.
- Adjust your leadership style to the needs of the situation.
- Identify what a leader does in all four leadership styles and how these four leadership styles diﬀer.
- Use the skills of a Situational Leader to develop worker competence and commitment.
- Reach agreement with workers on how much direction/support they need to accomplish their goals.
Event provided by the Baptist Convention of Maryland/Delaware through your gifts to the Cooperative Program, and Dogwood Leadership. Presented by The Baptist Convention of MD/DE in partnership with Dogwood Leadership and Lead Like Jesus.