- This event has passed.
GROUPS Bible Teaching Seminar
January 13 @ 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
formerly National Sunday School Directors’ Seminar (NSSDS)
presented by BCM/D, Colonial Baptist Church & LifeWay Christian Resources
Highly energetic, intensely focused, quickly moving and totally devoted to Sunday School leaders!
This seminar is designed to:
- Equip Sunday School directors to serve effectively in all areas of Sunday School work
- Deliver practical tool for all aspects of Sunday School work
- Facilitate networking opportunities with other Sunday School directors
- Build camaraderie among the Sunday School director, minister of education, and pastor
You will develop skills and plans to:
- Build a growing Sunday School focused on its mission and purpose
- Develop an organization and enlist leadership to build a growing Sunday School
- Lead teachers to teach for spiritual transformation
- Leave with a step-by-step strategy for leading your Sunday School
Mark Croston, National Director of Black Church Partnerships at LifeWay Christian Resources
A native of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Croston served as pastor to an urban congregation in Virginia for 26 years. He holds a Doctor of Ministry concentrating in Christian Education, and has traveled, been on mission or preached in over 30 countries. He now serves as National Director of Black/Urban Church Partnerships at LifeWay Christian Resources and is General Editor of the YOU Bible Study Curriculum and author of his latest book, Big Results: Sunday School and Black Church Life.
Wayne Poling, Senior Sunday School Specialist at LifeWay Christian Resources
For the last 30 years Poling has traveled over 100 days a year and led training for Bible study leaders in every state in the U.S. In his role, he gives leadership to Sunday School work with pastors, ministers of education, Sunday School directors, and other Sunday School general leaders. In October 2004, Wayne received LifeWay’s highest honor, the Career of Excellence Award. Prior to coming to LifeWay Wayne was a minister of education in Texas. Wayne has a passion for building Sunday Schools that genuinely transform lives. Wayne’s writing has included six books: How to Sunday School Manual, Conducting Potential Sunday School Worker Training, How to Sunday School Guide, Conducting Sunday School Planning Meetings, Sunday School Leader Training Handbook, and The Seven Laws of the Learner Leader Guide. Additionally, he has contributed chapters to several books, developed several training kits, and had over 100 articles published.
8:30 – 9 a.m.: Registration
9 – 9:30 a.m.: Opening – Mark Croston
9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.: Wayne Poling
- Purpose & Mission of Your Sunday School
- Blueprint for Growing Your Sunday School
12:30 – 1:15 p.m.: Lunch and Fellowship
1:15 – 3 p.m.: Teaching that Changes Lives (Age-Scripted Breakout Sessions)
- Pastors – Mark Croston
- Staff, Sunday School Directors, General Leaders – Wayne Poling
- Adult – Mike Watterson
- Student/Youth – Charles Kirkland
- Children (Grades 1-6) – June Holland
- Preschool (Birth to K) – Keith Benning
Registration is now closed for this event.