For our featured events click here.
July 8 - July 13
Girls Camp is a week–long resident camping experience dedicated to promoting missions awareness and education. Individual Christian growth and commitment are emphasized. The camping program is sponsored by Woman’s Missionary Union of Maryland/Delaware. It is to give Girls in Action and Acteens, as well as other girls in grades 4–12, an opportunity to experience Bible study, worship, missions education, recreation and crafts in an outdoor setting.
2018 Theme: Life on the Edge
This summer, campers will explore how living a “Life on the Edge” means to make God-honoring choices, regardless of the impossibilities, the risks, the dangers, and the moments. They will learn what it means to say with confidence, “I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength” (Philippians 4:13 NLT).
Dates & Times:
July 8-13, 2018 (Check-in at 3:00 pm)
Entering grades 4 -12
$195.00 per person (Cost includes program costs, lodging, meals, autograph backpack, crafts and T-shirt)
June 21, 2018
Camp Wo-Me-To is located at 1200 Knopp Road in Jarrettsville, Maryland 21084, in Harford County, near Rock Park. It is owned and operated by Woman’s Missionary Union, an Auxiliary to the Baptist Convention of Maryland/Delaware.
Below are the necessary forms for registration:
If you are registering as a cabin leader you must complete a background check online here.
Background check requests must be submitted at least two weeks prior to your service date. If you do not, and there is a problem with the screen that requires research, you may be disqualified from service.
No volunteer can serve without an approved background check. THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS. You must be rescreened if it has been more than two years since your prior screen. Background checks from other organization will not be accepted.
Day 1: God Is With You
- Bible Study: Life on the Edge with Moses in Egypt. God is with you no matter what you are going through. Moses could do the impossible because the Lord gave him the strength to do it.
- Mission Study: Life on the Edge in Canada. Holly Procita is making Jesus known to others.
- Devotional: I know God is with me.
Day 2: Follow Jesus
- Bible Study: Life on the Edge Following Jesus. Jesus is calling you to follow Him. The disciples faced all kinds of risks as followers of Christ, but the Lord gave them the strength to do it.
- Mission Study: Life on the Edge in Central Asia. Phoebe Scott is following Jesus to serve as a missionary where people have never heard about Jesus.
- Devotional: I will follow Jesus.
Day 3: Put Your Faith in the Lord
- Bible Study: Life on the Edge for Joseph. Faith is putting your hope in the Lord. Joseph faced many dangers, but God was always directing his path and giving him the strength to do it.
- Mission Study: Life on the Edge in Utah. Travis and Staci Kerns are sharing their faith with others.
- Devotional: I will put my hope in the Lord.
Day 4: Choose What Is Better
- Bible Study: Life on the Edge at Home with Mary and Martha. Jesus wants you to listen to him. Mary and Martha learned to focus on what really mattered in one moment with Jesus because the Lord gave them the strength to do it.
- Mission Study: Life on the Edge in Peru. Amy Fisher is helping others listen to Jesus.
- Devotional: I will choose what is better.
Here is a summary of the three components that are included:
Bible studies will encourage campers to understand what the Bible says. They will discover some of the most adventurous stories in the Bible, when God’s people and Christ’s followers were living their lives on the edge. Each study can be completed in 45 minutes to an hour. Each study contains active, hands-on activities to teach a Bible story, memory verse, and life application, as well as a prayer time.
Mission Studies will explore how missionaries have dedicated their lives to a “Life on the Edge” as they go and share their faith in mountainous and adventurous locations around the world. Each missionary tells a story about relying on the Lord for strength to do everything they must do to share their faith with the people they serve. Each study can be completed in 45 minutes to an hour. Activities communicate stories from the missions field, create cultural awareness, and challenge campers to live a missional lifestyle.
The Devotion Guide helps campers review and build upon what they learned in the Bible and Mission Studies. Campers will work individually or as a small group to answer personal questions that will help them think about Scripture in a personal way. They will examine the daily memory verse more in-depth, as well as pray and listen to the Lord. They will also learn an additional story from each featured missionary.
Writer: Libby Quigg