I am delighted with how this issue of BIBLE TIME FUN WEEKLY turned out. It was a lot of work. As they say, success is 10% inspiration and 90% perspiration. I spent a lot of time making the ideas for the puzzles work correctly. There is a lot of effort in getting everything to look right while fitting in the space and not looking cluttered.
My favorite in this issue is the Proverbs 15:8 coloring page. It is simple, and I hope it has a positive quality.
I had to design the code breaker puzzle several times before it was to my liking. It is intended for older kids, they will be challenged by it, but they should be able to solve the puzzle with the clues provided.
The hidden letter puzzle was a lot of work since each letter is in a text box and had to be placed individually. I am glad to create these because I know kids like the hidden picture activity.
I tried to give a lot of thought to the “Let’s talk about it” questions. At least one is a clear opportunity to discuss the need for salvation. Others cover challenging topics about following and serving Jesus.
Issue 136 contains the following activities and scriptures:
- Quiz — Armor of God, Ephesians 6:13-17.
- Find the difference picture — Armor of God.
- Coloring picture #1 — Proverbs 15:8.
- Shape sort puzzle — Matthew 11:28-29.
- Code breaker puzzle — Luke 9:23.
- Word search #1 — 2 Timothy 2:15.
- Coloring picture #2 — 1 John 5:12.
- Crossword — Isaiah 55:10-11.
- Explorer’s Challenge — Matthew 7:21.
- Scrambler — Proverbs 3:5-6.
- Hidden letter puzzle — Acts 4:12.
- Word search #2 — 2 Timothy 3:16-17.
- Maze — Proverbs 18:10.
- Drop word puzzle — John 10:9.
- Memory verse card craft — Matthew 5:9.
Be sure to return every week to get the latest issue for your ministry and church.
I hope this activity bulletin is a blessing to your kids.