“Be diligent to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who doesn’t need to be ashamed, correctly teaching the word of truth.” 2 Timothy 2:15
Full or Part-Time Associate Pastor — First English Baptist Church (FEBC), Frostburg
FEBC is seeking resumes for a full or part-time associate pastor. The associate pastor must have a related ministry degree and Baptist ordination is preferred. FEBC is a Southern Baptist Church that cooperates with the Baptist Convention of Maryland/ Delaware and the Western Baptist Association in support of missions. The successful candidate will serve as an associate pastor who will take over the role of the senior pastor when the current pastor retires in 2022. Interested applicants may send a resume and sermon link to email@example.com. For more information, call 301-689-3232.
Executive Director — The Village Church (TVC), Hampden
The executive director will establish and implement church-wide infrastructure to maximize the effectiveness and efficiency of TVC’s vision of reconciliation with God and reconciliation with one another. The executive director will work closely with the lead pastor in church staff’s overall leadership and direction (employed and volunteer) to move the church toward its stated vision. These activities include strategic planning, finance, administration, human resources, and day-to-day operations of the church. The executive director will be accountable to the lead pastor and the elders of the church. This is a full-time paid salary staff position.
- Fulfill the duties of a TVC partner as outlined in the partnership covenant.
- Personal commitment to vision, mission, and values of TVC.
- Familiarity with or openness to learning the particular aspects of TVC culture.
- Demonstrated cross-cultural competency with the emotional intelligence to tactfully interface with diverse communities of people.
- Willingness to work as an often-publicly-unseen member of TVC’s leadership team.
- Exhibit discretion, perseverance, patience, and flexibility.
- Ability to resolve conflict in a productive and gracious manner.
- Ability to take direction and feedback.
- Humble commitment to continually learn, grow and improve as a servant in Jesus’ church.
- Demonstrated professional experience and skills in organizational leadership, including the ability to build, develop, and lead teams of leaders.
- Business, legal, and financial management.
- Ability to maintain high levels of confidentiality.
- Ability to recruit, manage, and encourage volunteers; collaborative and team-focused.
- Proven track record of self-motivation and strong work ethic; high capacity for work and responsibility.
- Ability to appropriately identify goals, prioritize, and delegate.
- Minimum of five years executive-level experience in business, ministry, or church administration.
- Work with the lead pastor and elders in overseeing the execution of the church’s mission through ministry effectiveness evaluation, planning, coordination, and overall direction of and care for church staff and volunteers.
- Optimize the operational readiness of the church through leadership and oversight of the church staff who perform duties in finance, administration, human resources, and facilities management. This includes becoming familiar with the platforms and software used by the church with the ability to recommend other strategies for the benefit of church functioning.
- Assist the elders in an annual strategic planning process, including evaluation of ministry performance; review of vision, mission, and core values; development of key objectives and tactics; and establishment of annual goals.
- Establish and maintain a set of key performance measures that provide the elders and church staff with ongoing visibility of the effectiveness of all functional areas of the church.
- Assist the elders in the development of infrastructure by all ministry and support areas that assist the healthy,
long-term growth of the church.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Compensation: commensurate with experience.
- Benefits: insurance, retirement contribution, and paid time off.
- Requirements: full time (average workweek: 40-45 hours), including regular hours in the office or mobile/remote hours, Sunday worship gatherings, attendance, and participation in other ministry events as needed.
To apply, please send a resume with relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Director of Worship — First Baptist Church of Laurel (FBCL)
FBCL seeks a director of worship who will provide vision, oversight, and leadership of all aspects of the music ministry at FBCL. This position is responsible for leading various volunteer teams. This is a part-time position and is available immediately.
The ideal candidate for this position will be passionate, strategic, and collaborative and bring several years of music ministry experience to this context. They are expected to be a skilled vocalist and pianist. They should have strong organizational and leadership skills and vast musical knowledge of different styles. They should be theologically grounded and can lead both traditional and contemporary styles of worship.
Expectations and Responsibilities
- Able to organize, lead and oversee all music within both English worship services.
- Recruit volunteer musicians for a growing ministry.
- Administration of scheduling musicians, songs, and related matters.
- Oversee the choir ministry, A/V ministry, band, and other relevant operations.
- Provide implementation of the elders’ vision for music within FBCL.
- Capable of leading worship regularly and training other leaders how to lead in their absence.
- Skilled musician.
- Skilled pianist.
- Able to read sheet music, chord charts, lead sheets, choir scores, and other written music.
- Meets character qualifications according to 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 2.
- Possesses experience working with people from diverse cultures.
- Possesses associate degree; bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Possesses at least 1-3 years of worship ministry leadership experience.
- Possesses at least 5+ years of worship ministry participation experience.
- Understands the details of ProPresenter, Planning Center, CCLI, Praise Charts, and other related software.
- A growing Christian of high moral character
- Willing to become an active member of FBCL
- Spends time in prayer and Bible study on a daily basis
- Applies the gospel to all aspects of life
FBCL is a missions-minded, multi-cultural church located midway between Baltimore and Washington. On any given Sunday, we have approximately 40 different nations represented with services in three languages. The Hispanic, Korean, and English congregations work together to reach the community of Laurel with the gospel.
About the area
Families in our region can take advantage of top educational opportunities through public, private, Christian, and home school groups that rate among the highest in the nation. Recreational activities abound. Maryland is as diverse in its landscape as it is in population. A short drive to the west will take you to mountain country with camping and hiking opportunities from Laurel. A short drive to the east will take you to the pride of Maryland, the Chesapeake Bay, and one of America’s oldest beach boardwalks in Ocean City. These are in addition to all the great activities, museums, restaurants, and sports that both of our major cities offer.
Reports to: the executive director.
Status: part-time, approximately 15 hours per week.
Compensation: $26 per hour.
Interested parties: If you are a qualified candidate, please submit, in addition to your resume, a one-page cover letter describing your understanding of discipleship and being missional, the basis of your faith journey, comments on your personal devotional life, a recent photo of yourself (and/or your family), and why you sense that God is leading you to serve in Laurel. Please also include any appropriate links that demonstrate your music ability, your leadership in worship, and other relevant demonstrations. All submissions should be sent to email@example.com.
Youth and Young Adult Pastor – Colonial Baptist Church (CBC), Randallstown
CBC seeks a full-time youth and young adult pastor. The youth and young adult pastor will work closely with the pastoral staff in vision and strategic development and will assume the primary responsibility in the day-to-day management of the church youth and young adult program.
The principal function of the youth and young adult pastor is to bring young people to Christ and facilitate their emotional, social, and spiritual development in becoming committed disciples of Jesus Christ. This pastor will serve as a team member in pastoral counseling efforts by making himself available as needed.
A successful candidate must be a born-again Christian and testify to the saving person of Jesus Christ. He will be in agreement with the Constitution and Statement of Operating Principles of CBC and become a member.
Must possess a bachelor’s degree of divinity or theology from a seminary accredited by the Association of Theological Schools of the United States of America. A master’s degree in youth ministry will be an added advantage.
Must have 2 -3 years of experience in church ministry, which includes youth leadership, youth program management and development, and youth career planning and development.
Should have experience working with young adults, including counseling.
Must have 2-3 years of guidance and counseling leadership and teaching experience, with knowledge of how to counsel youth.
Must have good written and oral communication skills and be able to work well with others at all times. Must be familiar with church management applications.
Resumes may be mailed to Delores Alexander, Personnel Director at P.O. Box 1324, Randallstown, MD 21133 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Worship Leader — Grace Baptist Church of Sunset Beach (GBCSB)
GBCSB in Pasadena is a warm, vibrant fellowship of believers in Jesus Christ. The church is comprised of approximately 60 members, with 40-50 attending worship each week. You may learn more by visiting our website or our Facebook page.
The worship leader of GBCSB will be a born-again believer in Jesus Christ who has accepted Jesus as personal Lord and Savior. He/she will work closely with the pastor to create worship services that exalt the name of Jesus Christ, encourage the heart of the believer, and emphasize the Word of God. The ideal candidate will be a skilled musician (piano, guitar, keyboard, etc.) capable of leading congregational singing. He/she may be part of an ensemble, but salary will be paid to one leader.
Responsibilities of the worship leader:
- Work with the pastor to plan a blended selection of contemporary praise music and traditional hymns for congregational singing during each Sunday morning service (typically six selections, including four worship songs, special music, and the invitation). In addition, accompany the Doxology and postlude music (“Blessed Be the Tie” or similar).
- Oversee the Sunday morning preparation of music, rehearsals, performance, and audio-visual support.
- Schedule instrumentalists or perform prelude music prior to worship.
- Coordinate and/or perform music for special programs for Christmas and Easter. Worship leader may coordinate music for other occasions, such as July 4, revivals, etc.
- Include children and youth when appropriate to encourage their participation in worship services.
- Maintain and update CCLI and online streaming licenses for worship music.
- Ensure sound equipment is maintained. Plan for repairs, replacement, and upgrade as needed.
- Maintain a vibrant personal walk with the Lord Jesus through prayer, Bible reading, and study, encouraging the congregation in their individual relationships with the Lord.
Resources are available for use by the worship leader such as, a piano, multi-channel audio system, flat-screen televisions at the front and rear of the sanctuary, and components that can be used to play .mp3 files, CDs, or DVDs. In addition, the church has a CCLI license granting permission for the use of thousands of contemporary songs from hundreds of Christian artists. The church also pays for an online streaming license.
Salary: Negotiable based on duties, experience, and skill level, but not to exceed $300/week.
Paid vacation: The worship leader will have two weeks of paid vacation and may be absent for a total of four weeks per year, including vacation. The worship leader will schedule replacement musicians to fill in for Sunday morning services when he/she is away and will arrange to pay the replacement musicians, except when on paid vacation.
To apply: Submit resume and DVD (or link to) video recording of the applicant leading music to Graceworshiplead@gmail.com no later than Nov. 1, 2021. The mailing address is Grace Baptist Church of Sunset Beach, 17 Somerset Road, Pasadena, Maryland 21122 (Attn: Personnel Committee).
Teachers and Aides — The First Baptist Church of Rockville’s (FBCR) WEE Center
FBCR’s WEE Center, an Accredited Christian Child Care Center, is looking for caring and nurturing Christian teachers and aides.
Teachers: CDA or 12 semester hours of college credit in Early Childhood Education/Child Development/Elementary Education/Special Education/related courses are preferable. Must be over 18 years of age.
Teacher’s Aide: High school or college students of at least 16 years of age, with a flexible schedule and a willingness to learn and assist the teacher to perform developmentally appropriate practices with children.
Competitive wages and benefits offered.
If interested, please send your resume to email@example.com
Senior Pastor — Catalyst Community Church (CCC), Wilmington, Delaware
General job description: CCC is looking for a full-time senior pastor to lead an elder-led church; proclaim the Word of God in a regular pulpit ministry; oversee the pastoral staff; and provide direction, leadership, and vision to the church.
Education and experience: A bachelor’s degree or Bible college and 3-6 years of experience (does not all have to be as a senior pastor).
Salary and benefits: The salary is $58,000-70,000, plus benefits, based on experience.
Send resumes to Bill Crook.
Associate Pastor — Poolesville Baptist Church (PBC)
Ministry focus: children, youth, outreach.
General job description: The associate pastor is one who is gifted and is called to church ministry, loves people, and has a passion for evangelism, outreach, and discipleship both personally and in ministry within a multi-generational congregation. He has a passion for the Word of God and a desire to teach and proclaim it with conviction and confidence, always moving the congregation towards consistent spiritual growth. The associate pastor is one who casts a vision for the ministries under his direction — specifically children and youth. He lives out the Great Commission by sharing the gospel boldly in teaching and preaching opportunities, by being in the community, and through one-on-one relationships.
Detailed job description
The following defines the specific functions performed by the associate pastor.
- As an elder, work with the other elders in shepherding the congregation.
- Participate with the elders in the overall vision casting and leadership of the church’s teaching and discipleship ministry.
- Assist the elders in equipping the congregation in evangelism and outreach.
- Oversee the children’s and youth ministries, working with the volunteers to cultivate a nurturing and discipleship-oriented environment that leads toward evangelism. Recruit and train volunteers for these ministries as needed.
- Work within personal gifting in the overall discipleship ministry of the church (discipleship groups, special small groups, classes) while leading toward evangelism.
- Preach several times a year and be prepared to be the emergency backup speaker in case of last-minute need.
- Visit members in their homes, hospitals, and care facilities.
- Conduct funerals and weddings as needed.
- Provide pastoral care to children, youth, and families.
- Provide confidential pastoral counseling in emergencies and on a short-term basis.
- Exhibit evidence of Christian character and servant leadership as stated in 1 Timothy 3:1-7, Titus 1:5-9, and 1 Peter 5:1-4 in a work environment as well as an in-home/family setting.
- Give evidence of a spiritually balanced life (prayer, Bible study, rest, worship, financial stewardship).
- Doctrinally aligned with PBC’s Statement of Faith, doctrinal positions, mission, and core values.
- Give evidence of a strong work ethic and personal integrity.
- Hold convictions, yet be gracious and humble.
Education and skills
- Engaging and experienced teacher/presenter who can bring practical life application to the Scriptures.
- Demonstrate outstanding verbal, written, and electronic communication skills in preaching, teaching, discipling, counseling, and evangelizing.
- Demonstrate wisdom and ability to guide a seeker to become a baptized disciple of Jesus.
- Knowledge and ability to use the Bible to guide a new disciple to ongoing spiritual maturity.
- Bachelor’s degree preferably from a Christian college or university with emphasis in theology, pastoral ministry, discipleship, education, or church leadership.
- Seminary/Graduate Degree is helpful with an emphasis in theology, pastoral ministry, discipleship, education, or church leadership.
Hours and benefits
The associate pastor will be classified as a full-time, exempt employee. Benefits offered will be consistent with the current policy for insurance, paid time off, and holidays. This is a minimum 40 hours/week position.
How to apply
Send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Assistant to the Senior Pastor — Crossroads Community Bible Church, Laytonsville
The assistant to the senior pastor is responsible for supporting the senior pastor in the performance of his duties, including weekend service planning and design, marketing and communication, as well as management of the senior pastor’s calendar, correspondence (voicemail, email, regular mail, etc.), website(s), speaking engagements, and travel. The assistant is the primary contact person for the senior pastor on all matters requiring his attention.
Essential job functions
- Administrate the planning and design of weekly adult worship services in support of the senior pastor and Teaching Team.
- Maintain church websites for the senior pastor, including content updates, social media updates, email processing, blog posting, and other activities as directed.
- Create and distribute care group study material which will be created based upon the senior pastor’s weekly sermons.
- Assist in volunteer management and delegate tasks as directed by the senior pastor.
- Assist with the management and administration of the food ministry.
- Research, edit and distribute sermons, articles, manuscripts, and other written material produced by the senior pastor.
- Manage the development, production, and distribution of all forms of church marketing materials (direct mail pieces, signs and banners, flyers, brochures, logos, etc.) as directed by the senior pastor.
- Manage the senior pastor’s calendar and function as the primary contact person for meetings and other scheduled commitments.
- Manage all forms of correspondence, including voicemail, email, and regular mail.
- Make travel arrangements and coordinate speaking engagements.
- Develop an annual departmental budget and manage spending to budget for the senior pastor.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the senior pastor.
For more information or to apply, email Trustee Chairman Paul Bowman.
Pastor de Tiempo Completo — Iglesia Bautista Vida Nueva (IBVN)
- IBVN está ubicada estratégicamente en Davidsonville, Maryland, una ciudad localizada cerca de Annapolis, Maryland, la capital del estado, la Academia Naval y a veinte y seis millas de Washington, D.C.
- Esta es una área pintoresca y embellecida por las aguas de varios ríos y la bahía Chesapeake, que tambien disfruta de cuatro estaciones al año, invierno, primavera, verano y otoño y cuenta con varios parques donde las familias pueden caminar, andar en bicicleta, jugar su deporte favorito, y hacer un picnic.
- Ademas, IBVN está ubicada en el condado de Anne Arundel, el cual se distingue por tener uno de los mejores distritos escolares del estado de Maryland a donde asisten niños de veinticuatro nacionalidades de habla hispana.
- La ciudad de Davidsonville es el epicentro de una área en donde vive una población aproximada de treinta y cinco mil (35,000) latinoamericanos a veinte millas a la redonda.
- Iglesia Bautista Vida Nueva (IBVN) fue establecida, el 7 de Diciembre de 2014 por el pastor Jorge Camacho, su esposa Sonia, y los hermanos William Rey, Dalida Arrieta e Ivonne Arena. Pastor Jorge Camacho ha decido jubilarse y ceder su lugar a un pastor más joven que dirija la iglesia hacia el crecimiento que Dios ha trazado para ella.
- IBVN ahora cuenta con una membresía activa de cincuenta y dos personas de las cuales dieciocho personas están sirviendo como líderes, asistentes de líderes, colaboradores en los diferentes ministerios de la iglesia y participando en la celebracion del servicio presencial el dia domingo a las 10:00 am. Ademas, la iglesia ofrece un servicio virtual pregrabado el domingo a las 10:00 am. Todo esto se esta llevando a cabo, a pesar de la pandemia del COVID-19 y la reubicación de varias familias que se movieron fuera del área.
- IBVN es tambien una iglesia enriquecida culturalmente por nueve diferentes nacionales entre ellas, Estados Unidos, México, Guatemala, Honduras, El Salvador, Costa Rica, Cuba, Puerto Rico y Colombia.
- Ademas, IBVN tiene un tremendo potencial de crecimiento, gracias a la numerosa poblacion hispana que vive en las ciudades vecinas de Annapolis, Edgewater, Parole, Arnold, Crofton, Bowie, Mitchellville, Kettering and Largo.
- IBVN, fue plantada como respuesta a la vision de Riva Trace Baptist Church (RTBC) de Davidsonville de alcanzar a la poblacion hispana a su alrededor y por lo tanto es un ministerio de RTBC.
- Aunque IBVN es una iglesia autonoma en su administracion y ministerio, su pastor es parte del staff de RTBC y trabaja intencionalmente en equipo con RTBC. IBVN es bendecida con un hermoso santuario y tiene acceso al salon de entrenamientos, el gimnacio, la cocina, el comedor (food court) y las areas verdes con un campo de futbol soccer.
Visión (Propósito) de IBVN
Ver vidas transformadas por el evangelio de Jesucristo, para impactar nuestra comunidad, nuestra ciudad y el mundo (Mateo 28:18-20; Marcos 16:15; Hechos 1:8; Romanos 10:14-15).
Valores de IBVN
ADORACION, ORACION, EVANGELISMO, DICIPULADO, COMPAÑERISMO Y MINISTERIO (Hechos 2:41-47; Efesios 4:11-12). La practica de estos estos valores es lo que capacita a IBVN para lograr el cumplimiento de su vision.
Requisitos para el solicitante al pastorado de Iglesia Bautista Vida Nueva (IBVN)
- Creyente en Cristo, nacido de nuevo y bautizado por inmersión, con un testimonio que ejemplifique a un fiel servidor de Jesucristo.
- Firme en su llamado y que reúna las cualidades descritas en 1 Timoteo 3:1-7; 4:16; 5:17 y 1 Pedro 5:3.
- Estar dispuesto a comprometerse a practicar los valores de IBVN con el fin de ver el cumplimiento de la visión (propósito) de la Iglesia.
- Haber completado una licenciatura en cualquiera de las siguientes disciplinas: teología, misiones o educación cristiana.
- Haber sido ordenado al pastorado por una Iglesia Bautista del Sur.
- Contar con un mínimo de cinco años de experiencia cómo pastor principal.
- Tener residencia permanente en USA y ser bilingüe.
- Enviar currículum vitae que incluya, datos personales, testimonio de conversion y llamado al ministerio, estudios académicos, copia de licencia de conducir vigente, lista de ministerios en los cuales ha servido, lista de entrenamientos o talleres que ha tomado y referencias de iglesias donde ha servido como pastor.
- Proveer videos de predicaciones.
IBVN se reserva los siguientes derechos
- Verificar los antecedentes penales del solicitante.
- Revisar el reporte de crédito del solicitante.
IBVN, de antemano le agradece a cada pastor que se tomara el tiempo para aplicar a esta oferta de trabajo. La iglesia esta pidiendo a Dios con diligencia su direccion en la busqueda y eleccion del nuevo pastor.
- La forma más rápida y efectiva de contactarnos es a nuestro e-mail.
- También puede dejar un mensaje en el teléfono (410) 798-4868 Ext. 114 y con gusto le regresaremos su llama. (10/15/21)
Social Media Coordinator — The Baptist Convention of Maryland/Delaware (BCM/D) is looking for a reliable, qualified, and experienced social media coordinator.
- Develops brand awareness by assisting in the development of a strong content strategy
- Builds and maintains the brand’s social media profiles and presence
- Partners with the staff to develop and execute both planned and real-time content
- Executes strategy to grow and engage audiences and followers
- Stays current with trends and assesses industry best practices
- Possesses experience in creating and managing paid social campaigns
- Oversees/analyzes metrics and make recommendations for improvement based on performance data
- Prepares reports on key social media analytics and progress towards the consumer marketing and social media key performance indicators
Knowledge and skill requirements
- Must understand how to create and distribute multiple pieces of content from one story
- Strong public relations skills
- Proven working experience in social media marketing or as a digital media specialist
- Experience with social media management software
- Excellent writing, editing (photo/video/text), and communication skills; knowledge of graphics and video editing programs such as Illustrator, Photoshop, Canva, and similar programs is essential
- Audio and video editing a strong plus
- Social networking experience and social analytics tools knowledge
- Must be able to participate in events to capture real-time content
- Self-motivated and positive team player
Operation Christmas Child Temporary Positions — We need your help as a church or organization in the surrounding area of our Operation Christmas Child Processing Center. We are currently looking for Seasonal Staffing Professionals to work in our Baltimore Processing Center to assist us in hiring around 300 people for a three-and-a-half- to four-week project with Operation Christmas Child. Our job in Human Resources is to make sure that we provide a great experience for our volunteers! Our volunteers are the heartbeat of this project, and our seasonal paid positions make this project run! We need your help to spread the word. We find that partnering with churches and organizations that are like-minded is the most effective way to get the word out.
Our Seasonal Staffing Team is made up of 5 individuals that will work to recruit, hire, and manage those 300 people. The ideal candidate for this position has a relationship with Christ and aligns with the mission of Samaritan’s Purse, is administrative, flexible, and able to function well in a fast-paced environment. We do not require that someone have human resources experience but rather is willing to learn and has key administrative skills.
God is so amazing! Last year, in a pandemic, we packed around 9 million shoeboxes and each shoebox impacts around ten people for Jesus. That’s 90 million people who are impacted by this project a year! We can’t accomplish this without your help and without the help of our seasonal associates! You may have been someone who packed a shoebox online! Thank you! You may have worked with us in the past — thank you! You may know someone who has worked with us or is currently working with us — thank you for supporting your friends! You may volunteer with us regularly — thank you! We ask that you would spread the word about these temporary job opportunities to help us continue to spread the Good News of Jesus Christ.
Visit us online for more information or to apply.
Children’s Ministry Director — Greenridge Baptist Church (GBC) is seeking a children’s ministry director. This person must be a biblically grounded, energetic, highly motivated team builder with ministry experience who will love our children and their families and lead them to grow in their commitment to King Jesus. The children’s ministry director must embrace and champion the church’s identity as “Exiles, Exalting God and Exerting Good So Our Neighbors Experience Jesus.”
The children’s ministry director must be committed to Jesus as Lord and Savior, to personal spiritual disciplines, and to building up the body of Christ. She/he should have experience and success in building and training a team of leaders. She/he should have a balanced view of the importance of both outreach and discipleship.
GBC is a mid-sized, multi-generational, and multi-ethnic community of believers that worship together in Boyds, Maryland. It is a member church of the Southern Baptist Convention (SBC) and the Baptist Convention of Maryland/Delaware. The church accepts the Baptist Faith and Message 2000 as the general outline of its theological positions, and it enthusiastically supports the Kingdom-building work of the International Mission Board and the North American Mission Board of the SBC.
The children’s ministry director must help champion and protect the broader mission of the church and the fulfillment of its God-given purposes by pouring her/his time and effort into helping the children’s ministry thrive. She/he must demonstrate a commitment to the church’s core values and seek to integrate the children’s ministry into the ongoing pursuit of the unique calling and vision of GBC as a church body. She/he should seek out and create opportunities for the children to serve and function as an integral part of the broader church.
This director must communicate frequently and relate well with parents. Establishing and strengthening God-honoring relationships with children and their parents must remain a top priority in planning her/his time.
This director must have the ability to recruit, equip, and lead volunteers to serve and bless children and their families. She/he must be able to delegate effectively. She/he must be able to build, maintain, and grow a children’s ministry leadership team consisting of adult leaders who display a love for God, a commitment to the well-being of children, and who qualify as biblical role models. She/he must be able to provide the necessary training to equip volunteers for service and ministry.
This director must be able to help all children grow in their personal relationship with God and in their knowledge, understanding, and application of biblical truth in their daily lives. A love and respect for God’s Word must be central to all aspects of her/his ministry and regularly cultivated among the children. She/he must consistently make opportunities for the teaching and application of God’s Word.
This director must keep the health and safety of children as her/his top priority when planning and executing ministry programming.
This director must be able to effectively lead large teams of volunteers to plan and execute children’s ministry events that serve as some of the church’s most important outreach opportunities. These include events such as the Easter Egg-stravaganza, Preschool Camp, and Vacation Bible School.
This director must work with the pastors to give children regular opportunities to grow through service projects at the church and in the community.
As one of the church’s ministry staff, this person must be accountable to the biblical guidance on godly living found in Titus 2:1-8. Though her/his immediate area of responsibility will be the children’s ministry, this director will also work with the pastors to love the whole congregation through counseling, member care, and speaking into the church’s decision-making process with wisdom and humility.
Desired experience and education
- A Master’s degree from an accredited seminary is preferred – a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution is required, preferably in Bible or Children’s Ministry.
- Two years or more of experience in leading a multi-staff/volunteer children’s ministry
- Directly oversee and participate in the children’s ministry.
- In accordance with the pastoral vision for the church, provide vision, direction, and support for the following areas of the Children’s Ministry:
- On Sunday morning: Kid’s Praise and Worship (KPW), Promise Land (birth through K), and Sunday school
- On Wednesday Night: Faith Kids, Girls in Action, and Boys’ Brigade
- Regularly recruit, vet, and train children’s ministry volunteers.
- Ensure that all volunteers meet all necessary requirements for service as stipulated by the church’s Child Protection Policy.
- Provide for the training of all children’s ministry volunteers regarding the church’s Child Protection Policy, including scheduling elements necessary for CPR certification.
- Maintain, enforce, and improve security systems and protocols used to ensure the safety of the children who participate in children’s ministry programming.
- Regularly recruit, equip, and resource teachers for all areas of the children’s ministry.
- Plan and organize the yearly calendar for the children’s ministry, which includes but is not limited to the Easter “Egg-Stravaganza,” Preschool Camp, Vacation Bible School, and CentriKid.
- Review, order and distribute curriculum for all children’s ministry programming.
- Work with the youth pastor to establish a well-planned transition for elementary students moving into middle school during the months of June and July.
- Work with the pastors to develop and provide discipleship opportunities specifically targeting parents and parenting.
- Build and lead a leadership team for the children’s ministry.
- Maintain and lead regular meetings with the children’s ministry leadership team.
- Establish a positive and regular flow of communication with parents of children in the children’s ministry.
- Operate a balanced yearly budget for all ministry programming.
Overall church responsibilities
- Attend and participate in weekly staff meetings and ministry staff meetings.
- Attend and participate in regular ministry leader meetings and church business meetings.
- Actively participate in and enthusiastically support all events that involve the total church body.
- Maintain a current accounting of and exercise oversight for all expenditures in your areas of responsibility.
- Participate in weekend services as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Relation to the staff
- The children’s ministry director reports directly to the lead pastor and is accountable to the elders and personnel team.
What to include in your application
- A photograph of you and your family, if applicable
- Cover letter explaining why you are interested in this position
- Video or audio sample of you addressing a group in a ministry setting
- A list of all public social media accounts
- At least three references from people who have first-hand knowledge of your passion, experience, and impact as a leader in the areas and duties detailed in this job description
Please send all application materials to Pastor Paul Davis.
Associate Pastor of Youth and Worship — Hampstead Baptist Church is seeking an associate pastor to fill a full-time position responsible for providing pastoral leadership to the Youth/Family Ministry and Music Ministry of HBC.
- Must meet the biblical qualifications for overseer found in 1 Timothy 3:1–7 and Titus 1:5–9.
- Must possess and demonstrate ability to preach and teach, relate to and mentor people of various age groups, oversee various ministries, and equip others for ministry.
- Must affirm the Baptist Faith & Message 2000.
- Must be willing and capable of teaching and preaching.
- Must possess abilities to lead musical worship on Sunday Mornings.
- Education: Master of Divinity or equivalent is desired but not required.
- Experience: Related ministry experience is desired but not required.
Estimated time commitment
This is a full-time position that will split time between Youth/Family Discipleship and Music.
- 60% of time will be spent working with Youth/Family Discipleship.
- 20% of time will be spent assisting the Lead Pastor with various tasks, including funerals, visitation, counseling, etc.
- 20% of time will be devoted to preparing for and leading worship on Sunday Mornings.
- Medical Insurance
- Retirement Matching
- Please submit a resume and music sample to the church office.
Senior Pastor — First Baptist Church of Perryville in Maryland seeks a full-time senior pastor serving as principal elder in an elder-led, missions-minded, Southern Baptist-affiliated church. The senior pastor will be first among equals on the elder board and have principal oversight responsibility for the ministry of the church. The position is available immediately, and the salary is commensurate with education, experience, and local norms.
- Qualifications for an elder according to the biblical standards in 1 Timothy 3:1-7, Titus 1:5-9, and 1 Peter 5:1-4
- Strong ability in teaching sound doctrine, especially in expository preaching
- Full agreement with the doctrinal statements made in the Baptist Faith and Message (2000) and the church’s constitution and by-laws
- Servant leadership with a shepherd’s heart to care for and feed the flock entrusted to his care
- Missions-minded, as the church conducts missions activities in our state and around the world
- Lead the church to understand, embrace, and accomplish its biblical mission to make disciples both locally and globally through engaging Christ-followers in worship, community, and ministry
- Organize, oversee, and/or conduct the gathered services of the church, which include worship, prayer meetings, weddings, funerals, and other services that may need to occur from time to time
- Provide Bible-based counseling to members in need
- Oversee, along with elders, all church discipline matters and conflict issues in the church
- Supervise paid church staff, including tasks and evaluations
- Preferred Education: Masters of Divinity or higher from a conservative seminary
- Experience: Five or more years of pastoral experience in the local church
- Worship Style: Comfortable with both contemporary and traditional styles of worship music
Church & community information
- Single Sunday Service: average attendance: 135 (before COVID-19); membership: 120
- Staff: Senior pastor (vacant), part-time administrative assistant
- Perryville, MD, with a population of 4,000, is a growing community located in the southwest corner of Cecil County. The county has a population of 100,00 and is at the northern end of the Chesapeake Bay, about halfway between Baltimore and Philadelphia.
- Major employers: U.S. Army Aberdeen Proving Ground, Perry Point VA Medical Center, Amtrak
Send your resume to: email@example.com.
Please note that job ads will continue weekly for 90 days unless notified otherwise.