Mr. Dozat’s insight for this issue of BIBLE TIME FUN!
It is a blessing for me to create these for you. I spend a lot of time just looking over, reviewing, and thinking about the activities and puzzles. I keep asking myself if they are too hard or too easy. A few are intentionally challenging for the older kids, and a few are purposefully simple for the younger ones. It all means adding something or taking something out of the puzzles and sometimes editing them several times. It takes hours to make them look nice by changing the size of fonts and spacing between lines and positions of elements. It is all a minor fix here and a little nudge there.
I think my favorite activity in this week’s bulletin is the coloring picture for Psalm 118:24, “This is the day the Lord has made …” This picture has a lot of nice things to color like flowers, hearts, a dove, and letters to the words. The word search activity for 2 Chronicles 7:14 was the hardest to create. It took three evenings to do and redo. I do not use a program for these word search puzzles because of price and licensing. Instead, I place each letter in a grid, one at a time, using Microsoft Word. After a while, I think I start to make mistakes, so I have to stop and come back.
Most of the activities have open-ended questions. The writing of these questions for discussion can stump me. However, God’s Word is living and active. There are many truths in some Scriptures, and you can look at a passage many times and see something fresh each time. I hope this little bulletin will inspire some to begin a relationship with God through His Word. Please pray that teachers and parents can have Spirit-led conversations because of these questions.
Issue 125 contains the following activities and Scriptures:
- Find the difference — six crosses and six Scriptures about the cross.
- Coloring page #1 — Zephaniah 3:17.
- Shape-sort puzzle — Jeremiah 15:16.
- Codebreaker — Isaiah 55:10a-11.
- Word search — 2 Chronicles 7:14.
- Coloring picture #2— Psalm 118:24.
- Crossword — Ephesians 2:10.
- The Explorer’s Challenge — John 16:33, a mini Bible study.
- Scrambler — Philippians 2:10.
- Find the hidden letters — Psalm 42:1.
- Large-letter word search— 1 Peter 1:3.
- Maze — Proverbs 30:5.
- Drop-word puzzle — Ephesians 2:8-9.
- Memory verse card craft — Philippians 4:13
I hope this activity bulletin blesses you.