“Be diligent to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who doesn’t need to be ashamed, correctly teaching the word of truth.” 2 Timothy 2:15
Senior Pastor — Catalyst Community Church (CCC), Wilmington, Delaware
General job description: CCC is looking for a full-time senior pastor to lead an elder-led church; proclaim the Word of God in a regular pulpit ministry; oversee the pastoral staff; and provide direction, leadership, and vision to the church.
Education and experience: A bachelor’s degree or Bible college and 3-6 years of experience (does not all have to be as a senior pastor).
Salary and benefits: The salary is $58,000-70,000, plus benefits, based on experience.
Send resumes to Bill Crook. __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Associate Pastor — Poolesville Baptist Church (PBC)
Ministry focus: children, youth, outreach.
General job description: The associate pastor is one who is gifted and is called to church ministry, loves people, and has a passion for evangelism, outreach, and discipleship both personally and in ministry within a multi-generational congregation. He has a passion for the Word of God and a desire to teach and proclaim it with conviction and confidence, always moving the congregation towards consistent spiritual growth. The associate pastor is one who casts a vision for the ministries under his direction — specifically children and youth. He lives out the Great Commission by sharing the gospel boldly in teaching and preaching opportunities, by being in the community, and through one-on-one relationships.
Detailed job description
The following defines the specific functions performed by the associate pastor.
- As an elder, work with the other elders in shepherding the congregation.
- Participate with the elders in the overall vision casting and leadership of the church’s teaching and discipleship ministry.
- Assist the elders in equipping the congregation in evangelism and outreach.
- Oversee the children’s and youth ministries, working with the volunteers to cultivate a nurturing and discipleship-oriented environment that leads toward evangelism. Recruit and train volunteers for these ministries as needed.
- Work within personal gifting in the overall discipleship ministry of the church (discipleship groups, special small groups, classes) while leading toward evangelism.
- Preach several times a year and be prepared to be the emergency backup speaker in case of last-minute need.
- Visit members in their homes, hospitals, and care facilities.
- Conduct funerals and weddings as needed.
- Provide pastoral care to children, youth, and families.
- Provide confidential pastoral counseling in emergencies and on a short-term basis.
- Exhibit evidence of Christian character and servant leadership as stated in 1 Timothy 3:1-7, Titus 1:5-9, and 1 Peter 5:1-4 in a work environment as well as an in-home/family setting.
- Give evidence of a spiritually balanced life (prayer, Bible study, rest, worship, financial stewardship).
- Doctrinally aligned with PBC’s Statement of Faith, doctrinal positions, mission, and core values.
- Give evidence of a strong work ethic and personal integrity.
- Hold convictions, yet be gracious and humble.
Education and skills
- Engaging and experienced teacher/presenter who can bring practical life application to the Scriptures.
- Demonstrate outstanding verbal, written, and electronic communication skills in preaching, teaching, discipling, counseling, and evangelizing.
- Demonstrate wisdom and ability to guide a seeker to become a baptized disciple of Jesus.
- Knowledge and ability to use the Bible to guide a new disciple to ongoing spiritual maturity.
- Bachelor’s degree preferably from a Christian college or university with emphasis in theology, pastoral ministry, discipleship, education, or church leadership.
- Seminary/Graduate Degree is helpful with an emphasis in theology, pastoral ministry, discipleship, education, or church leadership.
Hours and benefits
The associate pastor will be classified as a full-time, exempt employee. Benefits offered will be consistent with the current policy for insurance, paid time off, and holidays. This is a minimum 40 hours/week position.
How to apply
Send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Secretary/Bookkeeper — Camp Wo-Me-To, Jarrettsville
Function: Serve as camp secretary and camp bookkeeper.
Working conditions: The secretary/bookkeeper is directly responsible to the resident manager. In the absence of the resident manager, he or she is directly responsible to the camp finance chairperson and the state Women’s Missionary Union (WMU) president with advisory oversight from the state WMU executive director.
Supervisory responsibilities: None.
Duties and responsibilities
- Responsible for welcoming visitors to camp, providing information, and answering questions as needed. Give tours of facilities upon request.
- Responsible for answering the telephone, providing information as needed, and directing calls as necessary.
- Responsible for taking appropriate action regarding incoming and outgoing mail.
- Responsible for ordering camp maintenance supplies and other supplies as requested.
- Responsible for preparation of specific weekly, monthly, and other reports as requested.
- Responsible for ensuring that all receipts and invoices are accounted for.
- Responsible for sending all reports generated by camp to the camp finance chairperson, state WMU president, and state WMU executive director.
- Responsible for receiving all employee timesheets; verifying hours worked by each employee; and providing ADP, the payroll agent, the information for initiating check payments or direct deposits.
- Responsible for following established procedures for dissemination of checks and direct deposit notifications.
- Responsible for keeping a supply of all office forms.
- Responsible for coordinating use of all buildings, recreation areas, gift shop, snack shop, paddle boats, hayrides, and pool.
- Responsible for making monthly sheets for staff use with respect to facility use, meals requested, and special needs.
- Responsible for preparing all camper insurance forms and forwards to insurance company.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Conduct must reflect Biblical principles.
- Must be proficient in the use of QuickBooks or comparable accounting system.
- Must have at least one year of experience in an office work environment.
Application instructions: Email resumes to Dale Jones, state WMU president.
Food Service Manager — Camp Wo-Me-To, Jarrettsville
Function: Serve as the person in charge of planning, preparation, and coordination of the food program at Camp Wo-Me-To.
Supervisory Responsibilities: The food service manager directly supervises the kitchen shift leaders. In the absence of a shift leader, the food service manager also supervises the kitchen staff.
Duties and responsibilities
- Responsible for the preparation of meals served at Camp Wo-Me-To.
- Responsible for ensuring that all state and county regulations applicable to the area under supervision are always strictly observed.
- Responsible for always practicing appropriate state health and sanitation standards.
- Responsible for assuring that the dining room and kitchen are always maintained and available for inspection.
- Responsible to adequately maintain the kitchen and to inform the resident manager when any kitchen equipment fails to function properly.
- Responsible for verifying that freezer, refrigerator, and dishwasher are always maintained at the correct temperatures.
- Responsible for menu planning, food purchasing, and meal preparation for large and small groups.
- Responsible for developing menus in coordination with resident manager. Consult camp administrator, camp finance chairperson, and state WMU president as need.
- Responsible for purchasing (ordering) and receiving food items for the camp and maintaining inventories of food and equipment to accomplish the task.
- Responsible for assisting the resident manager in the development of a food service budget.
- Responsible for planning meals, including food quantities to be served, keeping waste to a minimum. The meal plans will be posted and maintained in an electronic file.
- Responsible for assuring that all meals are prepared and served in a sanitary and orderly manner.
- Responsible for determining the appropriate number of staff needed per shift based on meals to be served.
- Responsible for developing and coordinating work schedules for all paid staff and volunteers working in the kitchen and Snack Shack.
- Responsible for verifying and approving timesheets for kitchen staff and turns them in to the camp secretary.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Working conditions: The food service manager is directly responsible to the resident manager. In the absence of the resident manager, he or she is directly responsible to the camp administrator and camp finance chairperson.
- Conduct must reflect biblical principles.
- Must be skilled in menu planning, food purchasing, and meal preparation for large and small groups.
- Possess a demonstrated work ethic characterized by punctuality, integrity, honesty, excellence, and industriousness.
- Demonstrate the ability to work well with others and to lead staff and volunteer workers of all ages.
- Must submit to a background check.
Application instructions: Email resumes to Dale Jones, state WMU president.
Assistant to the Senior Pastor — Crossroads Community Bible Church, Laytonsville
The assistant to the senior pastor is responsible for supporting the senior pastor in the performance of his duties, including weekend service planning and design, marketing and communication, as well as management of the senior pastor’s calendar, correspondence (voicemail, email, regular mail, etc.), website(s), speaking engagements, and travel. The assistant is the primary contact person for the senior pastor on all matters requiring his attention.
Essential job functions
- Administrate the planning and design of weekly adult worship services in support of the senior pastor and Teaching Team.
- Maintain church websites for the senior pastor, including content updates, social media updates, email processing, blog posting, and other activities as directed.
- Create and distribute care group study material which will be created based upon the senior pastor’s weekly sermons.
- Assist in volunteer management and delegate tasks as directed by the senior pastor.
- Assist with the management and administration of the food ministry.
- Research, edit and distribute sermons, articles, manuscripts, and other written material produced by the senior pastor.
- Manage the development, production, and distribution of all forms of church marketing materials (direct mail pieces, signs and banners, flyers, brochures, logos, etc.) as directed by the senior pastor.
- Manage the senior pastor’s calendar and function as the primary contact person for meetings and other scheduled commitments.
- Manage all forms of correspondence, including voicemail, email, and regular mail.
- Make travel arrangements and coordinate speaking engagements.
- Develop an annual departmental budget and manage spending to budget for the senior pastor.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the senior pastor.
For more information or to apply, email Trustee Chairman Paul Bowman.
Pastor de Tiempo Completo — Iglesia Bautista Vida Nueva (IBVN)
- IBVN está ubicada estratégicamente en Davidsonville, Maryland, una ciudad localizada cerca de Annapolis, Maryland, la capital del estado, la Academia Naval y a veinte y seis millas de Washington, D.C.
- Esta es una área pintoresca y embellecida por las aguas de varios ríos y la bahía Chesapeake, que tambien disfruta de cuatro estaciones al año, invierno, primavera, verano y otoño y cuenta con varios parques donde las familias pueden caminar, andar en bicicleta, jugar su deporte favorito, y hacer un picnic.
- Ademas, IBVN está ubicada en el condado de Anne Arundel, el cual se distingue por tener uno de los mejores distritos escolares del estado de Maryland a donde asisten niños de veinticuatro nacionalidades de habla hispana.
- La ciudad de Davidsonville es el epicentro de una área en donde vive una población aproximada de treinta y cinco mil (35,000) latinoamericanos a veinte millas a la redonda.
- Iglesia Bautista Vida Nueva (IBVN) fue establecida, el 7 de Diciembre de 2014 por el pastor Jorge Camacho, su esposa Sonia, y los hermanos William Rey, Dalida Arrieta e Ivonne Arena. Pastor Jorge Camacho ha decido jubilarse y ceder su lugar a un pastor más joven que dirija la iglesia hacia el crecimiento que Dios ha trazado para ella.
- IBVN ahora cuenta con una membresía activa de cincuenta y dos personas de las cuales dieciocho personas están sirviendo como líderes, asistentes de líderes, colaboradores en los diferentes ministerios de la iglesia y participando en la celebracion del servicio presencial el dia domingo a las 10:00 am. Ademas, la iglesia ofrece un servicio virtual pregrabado el domingo a las 10:00 am. Todo esto se esta llevando a cabo, a pesar de la pandemia del COVID-19 y la reubicación de varias familias que se movieron fuera del área.
- IBVN es tambien una iglesia enriquecida culturalmente por nueve diferentes nacionales entre ellas, Estados Unidos, México, Guatemala, Honduras, El Salvador, Costa Rica, Cuba, Puerto Rico y Colombia.
- Ademas, IBVN tiene un tremendo potencial de crecimiento, gracias a la numerosa poblacion hispana que vive en las ciudades vecinas de Annapolis, Edgewater, Parole, Arnold, Crofton, Bowie, Mitchellville, Kettering and Largo.
- IBVN, fue plantada como respuesta a la vision de Riva Trace Baptist Church (RTBC) de Davidsonville de alcanzar a la poblacion hispana a su alrededor y por lo tanto es un ministerio de RTBC.
- Aunque IBVN es una iglesia autonoma en su administracion y ministerio, su pastor es parte del staff de RTBC y trabaja intencionalmente en equipo con RTBC. IBVN es bendecida con un hermoso santuario y tiene acceso al salon de entrenamientos, el gimnacio, la cocina, el comedor (food court) y las areas verdes con un campo de futbol soccer.
Visión (Propósito) de IBVN
Ver vidas transformadas por el evangelio de Jesucristo, para impactar nuestra comunidad, nuestra ciudad y el mundo (Mateo 28:18-20; Marcos 16:15; Hechos 1:8; Romanos 10:14-15).
Valores de IBVN
ADORACION, ORACION, EVANGELISMO, DICIPULADO, COMPAÑERISMO Y MINISTERIO (Hechos 2:41-47; Efesios 4:11-12). La practica de estos estos valores es lo que capacita a IBVN para lograr el cumplimiento de su vision.
Requisitos para el solicitante al pastorado de Iglesia Bautista Vida Nueva (IBVN)
- Creyente en Cristo, nacido de nuevo y bautizado por inmersión, con un testimonio que ejemplifique a un fiel servidor de Jesucristo.
- Firme en su llamado y que reúna las cualidades descritas en 1 Timoteo 3:1-7; 4:16; 5:17 y 1 Pedro 5:3.
- Estar dispuesto a comprometerse a practicar los valores de IBVN con el fin de ver el cumplimiento de la visión (propósito) de la Iglesia.
- Haber completado una licenciatura en cualquiera de las siguientes disciplinas: teología, misiones o educación cristiana.
- Haber sido ordenado al pastorado por una Iglesia Bautista del Sur.
- Contar con un mínimo de cinco años de experiencia cómo pastor principal.
- Tener residencia permanente en USA y ser bilingüe.
- Enviar currículum vitae que incluya, datos personales, testimonio de conversion y llamado al ministerio, estudios académicos, copia de licencia de conducir vigente, lista de ministerios en los cuales ha servido, lista de entrenamientos o talleres que ha tomado y referencias de iglesias donde ha servido como pastor.
- Proveer videos de predicaciones.
IBVN se reserva los siguientes derechos
- Verificar los antecedentes penales del solicitante.
- Revisar el reporte de crédito del solicitante.
IBVN, de antemano le agradece a cada pastor que se tomara el tiempo para aplicar a esta oferta de trabajo. La iglesia esta pidiendo a Dios con diligencia su direccion en la busqueda y eleccion del nuevo pastor.
- La forma más rápida y efectiva de contactarnos es a nuestro e-mail.
- También puede dejar un mensaje en el teléfono (410) 798-4868 Ext. 114 y con gusto le regresaremos su llama. (10/15/21)
Social Media Coordinator — The Baptist Convention of Maryland/Delaware (BCM/D) is looking for a reliable, qualified, and experienced Social Media Coordinator.
- Develops brand awareness by assisting in the development of a strong content strategy
- Builds and maintains the brand’s social media profiles and presence
- Partners with the staff to develop and execute both planned and real-time content
- Executes strategy to grow and engage audiences and followers
- Stays current with trends and assesses industry best practices
- Possesses experience in creating and managing paid social campaigns
- Oversees/analyzes metrics and make recommendations for improvement based on performance data
- Prepares reports on key social media analytics and progress towards the consumer marketing and social media key performance indicators
Knowledge and skill requirements
- Must understand how to create and distribute multiple pieces of content from one story
- Strong public relations skills
- Proven working experience in social media marketing or as a digital media specialist
- Experience with social media management software
- Excellent writing, editing (photo/video/text), and communication skills; knowledge of graphics and video editing programs such as Illustrator, Photoshop, Canva, and similar programs is essential
- Audio and video editing a strong plus
- Social networking experience and social analytics tools knowledge
- Must be able to participate in events to capture real-time content
- Self-motivated and positive team player
Operation Christmas Child Temporary Positions — We need your help as a church or organization in the surrounding area of our Operation Christmas Child Processing Center. We are currently looking for Seasonal Staffing Professionals to work in our Baltimore Processing Center to assist us in hiring around 300 people for a three-and-a-half- to four-week project with Operation Christmas Child. Our job in Human Resources is to make sure that we provide a great experience for our volunteers! Our volunteers are the heartbeat of this project, and our seasonal paid positions make this project run! We need your help to spread the word. We find that partnering with churches and organizations that are like-minded is the most effective way to get the word out.
Our Seasonal Staffing Team is made up of 5 individuals that will work to recruit, hire, and manage those 300 people. The ideal candidate for this position has a relationship with Christ and aligns with the mission of Samaritan’s Purse, is administrative, flexible, and able to function well in a fast-paced environment. We do not require that someone have human resources experience but rather is willing to learn and has key administrative skills.
God is so amazing! Last year, in a pandemic, we packed around 9 million shoeboxes and each shoebox impacts around ten people for Jesus. That’s 90 million people who are impacted by this project a year! We can’t accomplish this without your help and without the help of our seasonal associates! You may have been someone who packed a shoebox online! Thank you! You may have worked with us in the past — thank you! You may know someone who has worked with us or is currently working with us — thank you for supporting your friends! You may volunteer with us regularly — thank you! We ask that you would spread the word about these temporary job opportunities to help us continue to spread the Good News of Jesus Christ.
Visit us online for more information or to apply.
Children’s Ministry Director — Greenridge Baptist Church (GBC) is seeking a children’s ministry director. This person must be a biblically grounded, energetic, highly motivated team builder with ministry experience who will love our children and their families and lead them to grow in their commitment to King Jesus. The children’s ministry director must embrace and champion the church’s identity as “Exiles, Exalting God and Exerting Good So Our Neighbors Experience Jesus.”
The children’s ministry director must be committed to Jesus as Lord and Savior, to personal spiritual disciplines, and to building up the body of Christ. She/he should have experience and success in building and training a team of leaders. She/he should have a balanced view of the importance of both outreach and discipleship.
GBC is a mid-sized, multi-generational, and multi-ethnic community of believers that worship together in Boyds, Maryland. It is a member church of the Southern Baptist Convention (SBC) and the Baptist Convention of Maryland/Delaware. The church accepts the Baptist Faith and Message 2000 as the general outline of its theological positions, and it enthusiastically supports the Kingdom-building work of the International Mission Board and the North American Mission Board of the SBC.
The children’s ministry director must help champion and protect the broader mission of the church and the fulfillment of its God-given purposes by pouring her/his time and effort into helping the children’s ministry thrive. She/he must demonstrate a commitment to the church’s core values and seek to integrate the children’s ministry into the ongoing pursuit of the unique calling and vision of GBC as a church body. She/he should seek out and create opportunities for the children to serve and function as an integral part of the broader church.
This director must communicate frequently and relate well with parents. Establishing and strengthening God-honoring relationships with children and their parents must remain a top priority in planning her/his time.
This director must have the ability to recruit, equip, and lead volunteers to serve and bless children and their families. She/he must be able to delegate effectively. She/he must be able to build, maintain, and grow a children’s ministry leadership team consisting of adult leaders who display a love for God, a commitment to the well-being of children, and who qualify as biblical role models. She/he must be able to provide the necessary training to equip volunteers for service and ministry.
This director must be able to help all children grow in their personal relationship with God and in their knowledge, understanding, and application of biblical truth in their daily lives. A love and respect for God’s Word must be central to all aspects of her/his ministry and regularly cultivated among the children. She/he must consistently make opportunities for the teaching and application of God’s Word.
This director must keep the health and safety of children as her/his top priority when planning and executing ministry programming.
This director must be able to effectively lead large teams of volunteers to plan and execute children’s ministry events that serve as some of the church’s most important outreach opportunities. These include events such as the Easter Egg-stravaganza, Preschool Camp, and Vacation Bible School.
This director must work with the pastors to give children regular opportunities to grow through service projects at the church and in the community.
As one of the church’s ministry staff, this person must be accountable to the biblical guidance on godly living found in Titus 2:1-8. Though her/his immediate area of responsibility will be the children’s ministry, this director will also work with the pastors to love the whole congregation through counseling, member care, and speaking into the church’s decision-making process with wisdom and humility.
Desired experience and education
- A Master’s degree from an accredited seminary is preferred – bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution is required, preferably in Bible or Children’s Ministry.
- Two years or more of experience in leading a multi-staff/volunteer children’s ministry
- Directly oversee and participate in the children’s ministry.
- In accordance with the pastoral vision for the church, provide vision, direction, and support for the following areas of the Children’s Ministry:
- On Sunday morning: Kid’s Praise and Worship (KPW), Promise Land (birth through K), and Sunday school
- On Wednesday Night: Faith Kids, Girls in Action, and Boys’ Brigade
- Regularly recruit, vet, and train children’s ministry volunteers.
- Ensure that all volunteers meet all necessary requirements for service as stipulated by the church’s Child Protection Policy.
- Provide for the training of all children’s ministry volunteers regarding the church’s Child Protection Policy, including scheduling elements necessary for CPR certification.
- Maintain, enforce, and improve security systems and protocols used to ensure the safety of the children who participate in children’s ministry programming.
- Regularly recruit, equip, and resource teachers for all areas of the children’s ministry.
- Plan and organize the yearly calendar for the children’s ministry, which includes but is not limited to the Easter “Egg-Stravaganza,” Preschool Camp, Vacation Bible School, and CentriKid.
- Review, order and distribute curriculum for all children’s ministry programming.
- Work with the youth pastor to establish a well-planned transition for elementary students moving into middle school during the months of June and July.
- Work with the pastors to develop and provide discipleship opportunities specifically targeting parents and parenting.
- Build and lead a leadership team for the children’s ministry.
- Maintain and lead regular meetings with the children’s ministry leadership team.
- Establish a positive and regular flow of communication with parents of children in the children’s ministry.
- Operate a balanced yearly budget for all ministry programming.
Overall church responsibilities
- Attend and participate in weekly staff meetings and ministry staff meetings.
- Attend and participate in regular ministry leader meetings and church business meetings.
- Actively participate in and enthusiastically support all events that involve the total church body.
- Maintain a current accounting of and exercise oversight for all expenditures in your areas of responsibility.
- Participate in weekend services as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Relation to the staff
- The children’s ministry director reports directly to the lead pastor and is accountable to the elders and personnel team.
What to include in your application
- A photograph of you and your family, if applicable
- Cover letter explaining why you are interested in this position
- Video or audio sample of you addressing a group in a ministry setting
- A list of all public social media accounts
- At least three references from people who have first-hand knowledge of your passion, experience, and impact as a leader in the areas and duties detailed in this job description
Please send all application materials to Pastor Paul Davis.
Associate Pastor of Youth and Worship — Hampstead Baptist Church is seeking an associate pastor to fill a full-time position responsible for providing pastoral leadership to the Youth/Family Ministry and Music Ministry of HBC.
- Must meet the biblical qualifications for overseer found in 1 Timothy 3:1–7 and Titus 1:5–9.
- Must possess and demonstrate ability to preach and teach, relate to and mentor people of various age groups, oversee various ministries, and equip others for ministry.
- Must affirm the Baptist Faith & Message 2000.
- Must be willing and capable of teaching and preaching.
- Must possess abilities to lead musical worship on Sunday Mornings.
- Education: Master of Divinity or equivalent is desired but not required.
- Experience: Related ministry experience is desired but not required.
Estimated time commitment
This is a full-time position that will split time between Youth/Family Discipleship and Music.
- 60% of time will be spent working with Youth/Family Discipleship.
- 20% of time will be spent assisting the Lead Pastor with various tasks, including funerals, visitation, counseling, etc.
- 20% of time will be devoted to preparing for and leading worship on Sunday Mornings.
- Medical Insurance
- Retirement Matching
- Please submit a resume and music sample to the church office.
Part-Time Youth Minister — First Baptist Church of Beltsville seeks a part-time youth minister. This person will be responsible for leading a growing youth ministry, and providing Christ-centered, enthusiastic leadership to recruit, support, and maintain participation of youth. Duties include but are not limited to implementing a children’s church service and a youth ministry program while serving as a spiritual leader and role model.
Principal responsibilities and tasks
- Teach Youth Sunday School class each Sunday.
- Teach Children’s Church Service (ages 3 years – third grade), which will be held in conjunction with normal church services each Sunday.
- Plan, develop, and implement all aspects of a balanced youth ministry to include Jr. and Sr. high students (ages 11-14 and 15-18 respectively) in the areas of group building, worship, discipleship, mission, and outreach.
- Meet with youth every Wednesday for youth fellowship.
- Encourage and shepherd youth to participate in appropriate missions. Lead and direct a mission trip each year.
- Assist in the coordination of community outreach activities such as Vacation Bible School.
- Work within designated church budget and monitor expenses. Help to plan and implement youth fundraisers when necessary.
- Attend quarterly business meetings and give a youth report.
Approximately 15 hours per week commitment. College graduate, seminary student, or equivalent. Excellent communication skills. Experience working with youth, a diverse population, and serving as church staff preferred. Must pass a background check.
To apply: Send cover letter and resume to the church office.
Senior Pastor — First Baptist Church of Perryville in Maryland seeks a full-time senior pastor serving as principal elder in an elder-led, missions-minded, Southern Baptist-affiliated church. The senior pastor will be first among equals on the elder board and have principal oversight responsibility for the ministry of the church. The position is available immediately, and the salary is commensurate with education, experience, and local norms.
- Qualifications for an elder according to the biblical standards in 1 Timothy 3:1-7, Titus 1:5-9, and 1 Peter 5:1-4
- Strong ability in teaching sound doctrine, especially in expository preaching
- Full agreement with the doctrinal statements made in the Baptist Faith and Message (2000) and the church’s constitution and by-laws
- Servant leadership with a shepherd’s heart to care for and feed the flock entrusted to his care
- Missions-minded, as the church conducts missions activities in our state and around the world
- Lead the church to understand, embrace, and accomplish its biblical mission to make disciples both locally and globally through engaging Christ-followers in worship, community, and ministry
- Organize, oversee, and/or conduct the gathered services of the church, which include worship, prayer meetings, weddings, funerals, and other services that may need to occur from time to time
- Provide Bible-based counseling to members in need
- Oversee, along with elders, all church discipline matters and conflict issues in the church
- Supervise paid church staff, including tasks and evaluations
- Preferred Education: Masters of Divinity or higher from a conservative seminary
- Experience: Five or more years of pastoral experience in the local church
- Worship Style: Comfortable with both contemporary and traditional styles of worship music
Church & community information
- Single Sunday Service: average attendance: 135 (before COVID-19); membership: 120
- Staff: Senior pastor (vacant), part-time administrative assistant
- Perryville, MD, with a population of 4,000, is a growing community located in the southwest corner of Cecil County. The county has a population of 100,00 and is at the northern end of the Chesapeake Bay, about halfway between Baltimore and Philadelphia.
- Major employers: U.S. Army Aberdeen Proving Ground, Perry Point VA Medical Center, Amtrak
Send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that job ads will continue weekly for 90 days unless notified otherwise.