COLUMBIA, Md. — The Baptist Convention of Maryland/Delaware (BCM/D) communications team, under the direction of Reginald Davis, received five awards at the national Baptist Communicators Association (BCA) annual workshop. This year’s BCA workshop was virtual due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
BCA is a professional organization of Christian communicators who serve throughout Baptist conventions, associations, agencies, universities and churches, specializing in photography, graphic arts, editorial, social and digital media, communications management, and marketing. They meet annually at the BCA-sponsored spring workshop and a shorter Fall Forum. Each year, BCA invites members and students to submit their work for the “Wilmer C. Fields” award competition, named for a former BCA lifetime member and retired vice president of the Southern Baptist Convention Executive Committee. Typically, winners receive recognition at an awards dinner during the annual workshop. This year, however, BCA posted the names of division winners online and announced overall winners in a video presentation.
Throughout the years, the BCM/D has received several of these awards.
The BCM/D communication team includes Reggie Davis, creative director; Alex Bouffard, communications manager; Rosalie Chesley, managing editor of BaptistLIFE; and Sharon Mager, communications specialist/BaptistLIFE correspondent.
The team received the following awards for their 2020 submitted work:
- Audio: Broadcast/Podcast individual episode: 1st Place – Peculiar People: “What women wish you knew” (Reginald Davis, Alex Bouffard)
- Publications Magazine Cover: 2nd Place – BaptistLIFE Magazine Spring 2020 cover (Reginald Davis)
- Single Article more than 1,500 words: 2nd Place – “Maryland/Delaware assists with Puerto Rico’s first NTS” (Sharon Mager)
- Video: Promotion (less than one minute): 3rd Place – BCM/D Animated Logo (Reginald Davis and Austin Loveing)
- Audio Broadcast/Podcast Overall Show: 3rd Place – Peculiar People (Reginald Davis, Alex Bouffard, Rosalie Chesley)