“Be diligent to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who doesn’t need to be ashamed, correctly teaching the word of truth.” 2 Timothy 2:15
Freelance Videographer/Video Editor — The Baptist Convention of Maryland/Delaware (BCM/D) is looking for a reliable, qualified, and experienced freelance videographer and editor responsible for creating custom video projects on location and in our studio.
The video editor must have a strong technical understanding of color correction, color grading, motion graphics, and sound design.
We require the video editor to work in the latest version of Adobe Premiere.
- Must be able to deliver projects on time and on budget
- Know how to take direction and offer creative solutions
- Input music, dialogues, graphics, and effects within the company’s branding
- Create rough and final cuts for various mediums
- Continuously discover and implement new editing technologies and industry’s best practices to maximize efficiency
- Must have proven work experience as a videographer and editor
- Students who are still in school for Film/Video are also encouraged to apply
- Must work in Adobe CC
- Solid experience with digital technology and editing software packages
- Demonstrable video production and editing ability with a strong portfolio
- Thorough knowledge of timing, lighting, sound, motivation, and continuity
- Familiarity with special effects and compositing
- Creative mind and storytelling skills
Youth and Young Adult Pastor — Colonial Baptist Church in Randallstown, Maryland, seeks a part-time (20 hours per week on a flexible schedule) youth and young adult pastor. This person will work closely with the pastoral staff in vision/strategic development and will assume the primary responsibility in the day-to-day management of the church youth and young adult program.
The principal function of the youth and young adult pastor is to bring young people to Christ and facilitate their emotional, social, and spiritual development in becoming committed disciples of Jesus Christ. This pastor will serve as a team member in pastoral counseling efforts by making himself available as needed.
A successful candidate must be a born-again Christian; testify to the saving person of Jesus Christ. He will be in agreement with the Constitution and Statement of Operating Principles of Colonial Baptist Church and become a member.
Must possess a Bachelor’s of Divinity or Theology from a seminary accredited by the Association of Theological Schools of the United States of America. A Master’s degree in youth ministry will be an added advantage.
Must have 2-3 years of experience in church business, which includes youth leadership, youth program management and development, and youth career planning and development.
Must have 2-3 years of guidance and counseling leadership and teaching experience, with knowledge of how to counsel youth.
Must have good written and oral communication skills and be able to work well with others at all times. Must be familiar with church management applications.
Resumes may be emailed to: Delores Alexander, Personnel Director, or mailed to P.O. Box 1324, Randallstown, Maryland 21133.
Qualifications and Expectations
- Have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, evidenced by action and attitude, and maintain personal spiritual development through Bible reading, prayer, and daily walk with God
- Become a member of Long Green Baptist Church and fully embrace the mission, vision, and values of the church
- Have a passion for children’s ministry and to see families grow in their faith
- Preferably have an educational background in Christian ministries, Biblical studies, children’s education, or a related field.
- Be reliable, take initiative, self-motivated; give attention to details and strive for excellence
- Use appropriate judgement in the areas of discretion, sensitivity, and and confidentiality
- Have a cooperative, healthy, and motivating relationship with supervisors, co-workers, and volunteers
- Competency with basic computer software (Word and Excel) and the capacity to learn new software
- Have clear and strong communication skills for both written and verbal communication
Job Duties (included but not limited to):
- Provide vision, strategy, and development for all children’s ministries (birth through fifth grade)
- Provide leadership, direction, training, and oversight for all Children’s Ministry leaders, workers, and volunteers
- Provide leadership and oversight for all children’s ministries, including children’s Sunday School, Vacation Bible School, Wednesday night ministries, Sunday morning children’s worship time, and special events
- Work with ministry council and staff and family ministry stakeholder team to review, purchase, and oversee all curriculums for children’s ministries
- Recruit, train, pray for, and involve new children’s ministry volunteers
- Create and effectively manage children’s ministry budget with direction from the pastor and/or finance committee
- Develop and maintain, safe, clean, and aesthetic childhood learning environments
- Communicate consistently with parents as well as provide the tools they need for spiritual leadership
- Encourage and equip parents to develop a biblical worldview in their children
- Promote Scripture memorization, prayer, and personal Bible reading
- Provide opportunities for ministry leadership, outreach to the community, and connection to the mission field
- Oversee children’s ministry section of the church website
- Participate in workshops, seminars, and conferences as needed
- Work closely with the youth minister to assure smooth transition of students to youth ministry.
- Develop and maintain safety and security systems for children
- Background checks for all workers
- Recommend facility improvements to ensure safety
- Create and enforce necessary rules for safety and security (ex. check-in/check-out system)
- Collect information on children with food allergies
- Other duties as assigned by the pastor
- Work at church as well as other sites (i.e., camp, mission trips, etc.)
- Work church service, additional planning, office, and event planning hours
- Responsible to and works under the supervision of the pastor
- Supervises and directs all children’s ministry volunteers (birth through fifth grade)
- Supports and works with all ministries of the church.
- This position anticipates between 15 and 20 hours weekly, to be determined
- Compensation commensurate with skills and experience
For more information or to submit your resume, email Senior Pastor Mark Schmitz.
Worship Leader — CrossLife Community Church in Elkridge, Maryland, is seeking a paid part-time (8-10 hours per week) worship leader.
The worship leader will work closely with the senior pastor in cultivating worship services and worship teams that help lead our congregation to see and savor the greatness of God in Jesus Christ, in the power of the Spirit. Fostering dynamic congregational worship while singing the best of the old and new praise and worship songs are key priorities for our church. We are seeking an individual who’s called — and gifted — by God.
- A clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a growing personal relationship with Him
- A calling to serve in this kind of ministry role and the ability to articulate that calling to others
- Proficiency in playing piano or guitar with the ability to lead while playing
- Experience as a leader and recruiter of volunteers in all areas of worship ministry and nurturing talent in multiple age groups
- Experience in leading worship that transcends modern, contemporary, and traditional genres.
- Minimum of 2 years of worship leadership experience or qualified worship degree
- Pray for, work toward, and grow a spirit of anticipation for worship gatherings
- Plan our weekly Sunday worship service choosing hymns and songs that engage the congregation and support the reading and preaching of God’s Word
- Lead heartfelt worship in an invitational style that draws people in, encourages participation and points people to Jesus
- Recruit, audition, and train musicians to serve the congregation as a team with musical skill and humility
- Build on our traditions and have a vision for where God might be calling our congregation and our musicians to grow in new expressions of worship
- Serve as a member of the church leadership at CrossLife Community Church, demonstrating a commitment to this congregation and its mission
- Lead once-a-week rehearsals in preparation for Sundays
- Provide musical worship-related presentation materials and work with the Audio/Video/Production team and church administrator
- Provide musicians and singers with lyrics, chord charts, links, and setlists
- Develop a schedule of leaders, band members, and vocalists, and create opportunities for new talent.
- Maintain and grow our song catalog and respond to CCLI reporting requests
- Have a working knowledge of Planning Center
If interested, please email Pastor John Mackall or call 410-960-6301.
Having celebrated our 75th anniversary in 2020, MRBC is a church in revitalization. Our congregation is predominately of the baby boomer generation in a younger and socially diverse community. Believing that, “Middle River Baptist Church exists to glorify God by changing everyday people into joyful followers of Jesus Christ,” we are prayerfully seeking God’s leading in our search.
Individuals who believe God may be calling them to this senior pastor position should possess the following Biblical qualifications.
They will be certain God has called them to “feed” and “tend” this congregation in pastoral ministry.
They will be sound in doctrine and able to develop leaders who practice and teach doctrine consistent with the infallible Word of God. We adhere to the Baptist Faith and Message, which we believe is rooted in the authority of the Holy Bible.
The successful aspirant will be an expository preacher, proclaiming all of God’s word so that this congregation will be thoroughly nourished to grow in serving Christ.
The successful aspirant will be able to demonstrate an evangelistic mindset and lifestyle. This includes equipping others to have the same desire and knowledge to “go and make disciples.” We believe that feeding, clothing, and ministering to the needs of the lost achieves nothing of salvific value if we do not in that ministry proclaim the saving grace of Jesus Christ.
MRBC is seeking a pastor who has been seasoned with a number of years of pastoral ministry. Like all the world, we have been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic, yet God has graciously provided for us to maintain an interim senior pastor, a full-time pastor of family ministries, and an interim music and worship minister. We are also blessed with an associate pastor emeritus. Our senior pastor must be talented to lead this diverse group of leaders.
Resumes may be mailed to: Senior Pastor Search Committee, Middle River Baptist Church, 610 Middle River Road, Baltimore, MD 21220, or emailed to the Senior Pastor Search Committee. April 30 is the deadline for resumes.
Senior Pastor – Second Baptist Church is part of the Southern Baptist Convention and a member of the Western Baptist Association. We are located in the historic city of Cumberland, within the beautiful Appalachian mountains of western Maryland. Our church, also known in the area as “the big yellow church,” has a rich history of serving the local community for over 100 years. We are a Word-driven, prayer-focused, mission-oriented family of believers. We remain united in tirelessly seeking and saving the lost while serving our Lord and Savior.
We meet every week for Sunday School, followed by our morning worship service. Throughout the week, we serve the community with various mission activities and outreach events. In the last year, Second Baptist has averaged 50-65 people in attendance on Sunday mornings. Our church consists of 70 active members.
Position to fill:
We are looking for a bi-vocational or fully-funded pastor, who has been called by God to shepherd a congregation in service and growth as they mature in their walk with the Lord. A servant’s heart is paramount, while ministering within our community and working with our existing partnerships. The called pastor will need to lead his members through sound doctrinal discipling with an emphasis on expository preaching. His ministry will include contacting and visiting members of the church on a regular basis or as needed. He will provide scriptural counseling to those who seek help during a time of need.
- Envision, create, and organize new possibilities for all ministries.
- Biblically and realistically assess situations and make appropriate decisions.
- Teach and continue to develop leaders in the church.
- Preach from the Word without apology.
- Effectively communicate both as a listener and a speaker.
- Possess a healing presence in difficult or sensitive situations.
- Strong devotional and prayer life.
- Passion for preaching the Word and implementing outreach ministries.
- Attitude and behavior that reflect unwavering Biblical principles.
- A Baptist theological perspective (cf. The Baptist Faith and Message)
- Seminary degree preferred though not required.
- Minimum 3 years of pastoral experience is preferred.
- Comfortable with both traditional and blended worship styles.
Apply at: email@example.com
(resubmitted on 2/17/21)
Senior Pastor — First Baptist Church of Perryville in Maryland, seeks a full-time senior pastor serving as principal elder in an elder-led, missions-minded, Southern Baptist-affiliated church. The senior pastor will be first among equals on the elder board and have principal oversight responsibility for the ministry of the church. The position is available immediately and the salary is commensurate with education, experience, and local norms.
- Qualifications for an elder according to the biblical standards in 1 Timothy 3:1-7, Titus 1:5-9, and 1 Peter 5:1-4
- Strong ability in teaching sound doctrine, especially in expository preaching
- Full agreement with the doctrinal statements made in the Baptist Faith and Message (2000) and the church’s constitution and by-laws
- Servant leadership with a shepherd’s heart to care for and feed the flock entrusted to his care
- Missions-minded, as the church conducts missions activities in our state and around the world
- Lead the church to understand, embrace, and accomplish its biblical mission to make disciples both locally and globally through engaging Christ followers in worship, community, and ministry
- Organize, oversee, and/or conduct the gathered services of the church which include worship, prayer meetings, weddings, funerals, and other services that may need to occur from time to time
- Provide Bible-based counseling to members in need
- Oversee, along with elders, all church discipline matters and conflict issues in the church
- Supervise paid church staff, including tasks and evaluations
- Preferred Education: Masters of Divinity or higher from a conservative seminary
- Experience: Five or more years of pastoral experience in the local church
- Worship Style: Comfortable with both contemporary and traditional styles of worship music
Church & Community Information
- Single Sunday Service: average attendance: 135 (before COVID-19); membership: 120
- Staff: Senior pastor (vacant), part-time administrative assistant
- Perryville, MD, with a population of 4,000, is a growing community located in the southwest corner of Cecil County. The county has a population of 100,00 and is at the northern end of the Chesapeake Bay about halfway between Baltimore and Philadelphia.
- Major employers: U.S. Army Aberdeen Proving Ground, Perry Point VA Medical Center, Amtrak
Send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that job ads will continue weekly for ninety days unless notified otherwise.