2021 Classifieds | Jobs
“Be diligent to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who doesn’t need to be ashamed, correctly teaching the word of truth.” 2 Timothy 2:15
Freelance Videographer/Video Editor — The Baptist Convention of Maryland/Delaware (BCM/D) is looking for a reliable, qualified, and experienced freelance videographer and editor responsible for creating custom video projects on location and in our studio.
The video editor must have a strong technical understanding of color correction, color grading, motion graphics, and sound design.
We require the video editor to work in the latest version of Adobe Premiere.
- Must be able to deliver projects on time and on budget
- Know how to take direction and offer creative solutions
- Input music, dialogues, graphics, and effects within the company’s branding
- Create rough and final cuts for various mediums
- Continuously discover and implement new editing technologies and industry’s best practices to maximize efficiency
- Must have proven work experience as a videographer and editor
- Students who are still in school for Film/Video are also encouraged to apply
- Must work in Adobe CC
- Solid experience with digital technology and editing software packages
- Demonstrable video production and editing ability with a strong portfolio
- Thorough knowledge of timing, lighting, sound, motivation, and continuity
- Familiarity with special effects and compositing
- Creative mind and storytelling skills
Associate Minister of Media — First Baptist Church, Lafayette, Louisiana
The Associate Minister of Media assists the Minister of Media in providing leadership, support, and direction for the Media Ministries of First Baptist Church of Lafayette (FBCS).
- Provide leadership over all aspects of audio, video, and lighting operations in the Worship Center and other gathering spaces on campus
- Oversee the maintenance and operation of audio/visual/lighting
- Recruit, train, schedule, and manage volunteer teams for services, rehearsals, and other events
- Responsible for setting up the audio/visual/lighting elements on stage and resetting the stage between legacy and modern worship
- Acquire and set up of special effects for theatrical productions
- Coordinate technical needs for off-campus productions
- Remix worship service audio for broadcast or other recordings; prepare click tracks and rehearsal tracks as needed
- Work with Worship Planning Team in the development of worship services and events
- Work with department staff with classroom audio/visual needs/set-up
- Assist on video shoots as needed both on and off campus
- Provide technical support for all scheduled church functions as required
- Provide pastoral support; make pastoral visits as needed
Other Areas of Involvement
- Depending on skills and experience, the Associate Minister of Media may also be involved in but not directly responsible for the church website, social media, publicity and promotion, graphic arts, photography, IT support, and other areas
- Serve as staff liaison for assigned church committees and ministry
- Recruit, train, develop and schedule tech arts ministry volunteers
- Keep informed on methods, materials, principles, procedures, promotions, and administration related to pertinent ministries
- Cooperate with associational, state, and national programs and be involved as time permits, giving first priority to the church
- Maintain openness to new ideas and flexibility in adopting new strategies of ministry
- Provide support when needed to other departments with “all hands on deck” ministries (i.e. Vacation Bible School)
- Be present and available to support all church-wide services (Sunday a.m. and p.m. and Wednesday p.m.) and events
- Work with other ministry staff when responsibilities overlap
- Participate in weekly visitation program
- Perform other duties and assignments as requested by the senior pastor
- The associate minister of media shall be responsible directly to the minister of media. The associate minister will serve as an employee to the senior pastor through the minister of media and executive pastor, and through them to the Personnel Committee and church congregation in all matters related to employment
- Observe regular office hours of 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., except as required by the needs of the carrying out of assigned responsibilities or as provided in the general personnel
- General personnel will determine vacation, holidays, and other circumstances related to working conditions
- The executive pastor must approve participation in conferences and conventions
- Be a Christian of high moral character who has demonstrated loyalty to God, the church, and his pastor, and who expresses a call to the ministry
- Be willing and able to sign the FBC Lafayette Ministry Staff Covenant
- Will need to be a church member at FBC Lafayette or become a member upon employment
- Has demonstrated a work ethic characterized by punctuality, integrity, honesty, diligence, excellence, and industriousness
- Has demonstrated the ability to lead and work with volunteer workers of all age groups of the church in a spirit of harmony
- Has demonstrated the ability to work cooperatively with other church staff
- Has demonstrated the ability to mix sound on a large format digital console for live events
- Has demonstrated the ability to mix choral, orchestral, and contemporary band-styled services
Resumes may be emailed to Dennis Clark, Minister of Media First Baptist Church, or mailed to him at First Baptist Church, P.O. Box 3888, Lafayette, LA 70502.
Children’s Ministry Director — Greenridge Baptist Church (GBC) is seeking a children’s ministry director. This person must be a biblically grounded, energetic, highly motivated, team builder with ministry experience who will love our children and their families, and lead them to grow in their commitment to King Jesus. The children’s ministry director must embrace and champion the church’s identity as “Exiles, Exalting God and Exerting Good So Our Neighbors Experience Jesus.”
The children’s ministry director must be committed to Jesus as Lord and Savior, to personal spiritual disciplines, and to building up the body of Christ. She/he should have experience and success in building and training a team of leaders. She/he should have a balanced view of the importance of both outreach and discipleship.
GBC is a mid-sized, multi-generational, and multi-ethnic community of believers that worships together in Boyds, Maryland. It is a member church of the Southern Baptist Convention (SBC) and the Baptist Convention of Maryland/Delaware. The church accepts the Baptist Faith and Message 2000 as the general outline of its theological positions, and it enthusiastically supports the Kingdom-building work of the International Mission Board and the North American Mission Board of the SBC.
The children’s ministry director must help champion and protect the broader mission of the church and the fulfillment of its God-given purposes by pouring her/his time and effort into helping the children’s ministry thrive. She/he must demonstrate a commitment to the core values of the church and seek to integrate the children’s ministry into the ongoing pursuit of the unique calling and vision of GBC as a church body. She/he should seek out and create opportunities for the children to serve and function as an integral part of the broader church.
This director must communicate frequently and relate well with parents. The establishing and strengthening of God-honoring relationships with children and their parents must remain a top priority in the planning of her/his time.
This director must have the ability to recruit, equip, and lead volunteers to serve and bless children and their families. She/he must be able to delegate effectively. She/he must be able to build, maintain, and grow a children’s ministry leadership team consisting of adult leaders who display a love for God, a commitment to the well-being of children, and who qualify as biblical role models. She/he must be able to provide the necessary training to equip volunteers for service and ministry.
This director must be able to help all children grow in their personal relationship with God and in their knowledge, understanding, and application of biblical truth in their daily lives. A love and respect for God’s Word must be central to all aspects of her/his ministry and regularly cultivated among the children. She/he must consistently make opportunities for the teaching and application of God’s Word.
This director must keep the health and safety of children as her/his top priority when planning and executing ministry programming.
This director must be able to effectively lead large teams of volunteers to plan and execute children’s ministry events that serve as some of the church’s most important outreach opportunities. These include events such as the Easter Egg-stravaganza, Preschool Camp, and Vacation Bible School.
This director must work with the pastors to give children regular opportunities to grow through service projects at the church and in the community.
As one of the ministry staff of the church, this person must be accountable to the biblical guidance on godly living found in Titus 2:1-8. Though her/his immediate area of responsibilities will be the children’s ministry, this director will also work with the pastors to love the whole congregation through participation in counseling, member care, and speaking into the decision-making processes of the church with wisdom and humility.
Desired Experience and Education
- Master’s degree from an accredited seminary is preferred – bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution is required, preferably in Bible or Children’s Ministry.
- Two years or more of experience in leading a multi-staff/volunteer children’s ministry
- Directly oversee and participate in the children’s ministry.
- In accordance with the pastoral vision for the church, provide vision, direction, and support for the following areas of the Children’s Ministry:
- On Sunday morning: Kid’s Praise and Worship (KPW), Promise Land (birth through K), and Sunday school
- On Wednesday Night: Faith Kids, Girls in Action, and Boys’ Brigade
- Regularly recruit, vet, and train children’s ministry volunteers.
- Ensure that all volunteers meet all necessary requirements for service as stipulated by the church’s Child Protection Policy.
- Provide for the training of all children’s ministry volunteers regarding the church’s Child Protection Policy, including scheduling elements necessary for CPR certification.
- Maintain, enforce, and improve security systems and protocols used to ensure the safety of the children who participate in children’s ministry programming.
- Regularly recruit, equip, and resource teachers for all areas of the children’s ministry.
- Plan and organize the yearly calendar for the children’s ministry which is to include but is not limited to the Easter “Egg-Stravaganza,” Preschool Camp, Vacation Bible School, and CentriKid.
- Review, order, and distribute curriculum for all children’s ministry programming.
- Work with the youth pastor to establish a well-planned transition for elementary students moving into middle school during the months of June and July.
- Work with the pastors to develop and provide discipleship opportunities specifically targeting parents and parenting.
- Build and lead a leadership team for the children’s ministry.
- Maintain and lead regular meetings with the children’s ministry leadership team.
- Establish a positive and regular flow of communication with parents of children in the children’s ministry.
- Operate a balanced yearly budget for all ministry programming.
Overall Church Responsibilities
- Attend and participate in weekly staff meetings and ministry staff meetings.
- Attend and participate in regular ministry leader meetings and church business meetings.
- Actively participate in and enthusiastically support all events that involve the total church body.
- Maintain a current accounting of and exercise oversight for all expenditures in your areas of responsibility.
- Participate in weekend services as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Relation to the Staff
- The children’s ministry director reports directly to the lead pastor and is accountable to the elders and personnel team.
What to include in your application
- A photograph of you and your family, if applicable
- Cover letter explaining why you are interested in this position
- Video or audio sample of you addressing a group in a ministry setting
- A list of all public social media accounts
- At least three references from people who have first hand knowledge of your passion, experience, and impact as a leader in the areas and duties detailed in this job description
Please send all application materials to Pastor Paul Davis.
Facilities Manager – Redland Baptist Church in Rockville, Maryland, is accepting resumes for the full-time position of Facilities Manager. View job description/qualifications on the church’s website. Please send resumes with cover letter to personnel. Resumes will be accepted through June 22, 2021. Questions? Contact Bill Archer, minister of worship and administration.
Associate Pastor of Youth and Worship — Hampstead Baptist Church is seeking an associate pastor to fill a full-time position responsible to provide pastoral leadership to the Youth/Family Ministry and Music Ministry of HBC.
- Must meet the biblical qualifications for overseer found in 1 Timothy 3:1–7 and Titus 1:5–9.
- Must possess and demonstrate ability to preach and teach, relate to and mentor people of various age groups, oversee various ministries, and equip others for ministry.
- Must affirm the Baptist Faith & Message 2000.
- Must be willing and capable of teaching and preaching.
- Must possess abilities to lead musical worship on Sunday Mornings
- Education: Master of Divinity or equivalent is desired but not required.
- Experience: Related ministry experience is desired but not required.
Estimated Time Commitment
This is a full-time position that will split time between Youth/Family Discipleship and Music.
- 60% of time will be spent working with Youth/Family Discipleship.
- 20% of time will be spent assisting the Lead Pastor with various tasks including funerals, visitation, counseling, etc.
- 20% of time will be devoted to preparing for and leading worship on Sunday Mornings.
- Medical Insurance
- Retirement Matching
- Please submit a resume and music sample to the church office.
Part-Time Youth Minister — First Baptist Church of Beltsville seeks a part-time youth minister. This person will be responsible for leading a growing youth ministry, and providing Christ-centered, enthusiastic leadership to recruit, support, and maintain participation of youth. Duties include but are not limited to implementing a children’s church service and a youth ministry program while serving as a spiritual leader and role model.
Principal responsibilities and tasks:
- Teach Youth Sunday School class each Sunday.
- Teach Children’s Church Service (ages 3 years – third grade) which will be held in conjunction with normal church services each Sunday.
- Plan, develop, and implement all aspects of a balanced youth ministry to include Jr. and Sr. high students (ages 11-14 and 15-18 respectively) in the areas of group building, worship, discipleship, mission, and outreach.
- Meet with youth every Wednesday for youth fellowship.
- Encourage and shepherd youth to participate in appropriate missions. Lead and direct a mission trip each year.
- Assist in the coordination of community outreach activities such as Vacation Bible School.
- Work within designated church budget and monitor expenses. Help to plan and implement youth fundraisers when necessary.
- Attend quarterly business meetings and give a youth report.
Approximately 15 hours per week commitment. College graduate, seminary student or equivalent. Excellent communication skills. Experience working with youth, a diverse population, and serving as church staff preferred. Must pass a background check.
To apply: Send cover letter and resume to the church office.
Qualifications and Expectations
- Have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, evidenced by action and attitude, and maintain personal spiritual development through Bible reading, prayer, and daily walk with God
- Become a member of Long Green Baptist Church and fully embrace the mission, vision, and values of the church
- Have a passion for children’s ministry and to see families grow in their faith
- Preferably have an educational background in Christian ministries, Biblical studies, children’s education, or a related field.
- Be reliable, take initiative, self-motivated; give attention to details and strive for excellence
- Use appropriate judgement in the areas of discretion, sensitivity, and and confidentiality
- Have a cooperative, healthy, and motivating relationship with supervisors, co-workers, and volunteers
- Competency with basic computer software (Word and Excel) and the capacity to learn new software
- Have clear and strong communication skills for both written and verbal communication
Job Duties (included but not limited to):
- Provide vision, strategy, and development for all children’s ministries (birth through fifth grade)
- Provide leadership, direction, training, and oversight for all Children’s Ministry leaders, workers, and volunteers
- Provide leadership and oversight for all children’s ministries, including children’s Sunday School, Vacation Bible School, Wednesday night ministries, Sunday morning children’s worship time, and special events
- Work with ministry council and staff and family ministry stakeholder team to review, purchase, and oversee all curriculums for children’s ministries
- Recruit, train, pray for, and involve new children’s ministry volunteers
- Create and effectively manage children’s ministry budget with direction from the pastor and/or finance committee
- Develop and maintain, safe, clean, and aesthetic childhood learning environments
- Communicate consistently with parents as well as provide the tools they need for spiritual leadership
- Encourage and equip parents to develop a biblical worldview in their children
- Promote Scripture memorization, prayer, and personal Bible reading
- Provide opportunities for ministry leadership, outreach to the community, and connection to the mission field
- Oversee children’s ministry section of the church website
- Participate in workshops, seminars, and conferences as needed
- Work closely with the youth minister to assure smooth transition of students to youth ministry.
- Develop and maintain safety and security systems for children
- Background checks for all workers
- Recommend facility improvements to ensure safety
- Create and enforce necessary rules for safety and security (ex. check-in/check-out system)
- Collect information on children with food allergies
- Other duties as assigned by the pastor
- Work at church as well as other sites (i.e., camp, mission trips, etc.)
- Work church service, additional planning, office, and event planning hours
- Responsible to and works under the supervision of the pastor
- Supervises and directs all children’s ministry volunteers (birth through fifth grade)
- Supports and works with all ministries of the church.
- This position anticipates between 15 and 20 hours weekly, to be determined
- Compensation commensurate with skills and experience
For more information or to submit your resume, email Senior Pastor Mark Schmitz.
Worship Leader — CrossLife Community Church in Elkridge, Maryland, is seeking a paid part-time (8-10 hours per week) worship leader.
The worship leader will work closely with the senior pastor in cultivating worship services and worship teams that help lead our congregation to see and savor the greatness of God in Jesus Christ, in the power of the Spirit. Fostering dynamic congregational worship while singing the best of the old and new praise and worship songs are key priorities for our church. We are seeking an individual who’s called — and gifted — by God.
- A clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a growing personal relationship with Him
- A calling to serve in this kind of ministry role and the ability to articulate that calling to others
- Proficiency in playing piano or guitar with the ability to lead while playing
- Experience as a leader and recruiter of volunteers in all areas of worship ministry and nurturing talent in multiple age groups
- Experience in leading worship that transcends modern, contemporary, and traditional genres.
- Minimum of 2 years of worship leadership experience or qualified worship degree
- Pray for, work toward, and grow a spirit of anticipation for worship gatherings
- Plan our weekly Sunday worship service choosing hymns and songs that engage the congregation and support the reading and preaching of God’s Word
- Lead heartfelt worship in an invitational style that draws people in, encourages participation and points people to Jesus
- Recruit, audition, and train musicians to serve the congregation as a team with musical skill and humility
- Build on our traditions and have a vision for where God might be calling our congregation and our musicians to grow in new expressions of worship
- Serve as a member of the church leadership at CrossLife Community Church, demonstrating a commitment to this congregation and its mission
- Lead once-a-week rehearsals in preparation for Sundays
- Provide musical worship-related presentation materials and work with the Audio/Video/Production team and church administrator
- Provide musicians and singers with lyrics, chord charts, links, and setlists
- Develop a schedule of leaders, band members, and vocalists, and create opportunities for new talent.
- Maintain and grow our song catalog and respond to CCLI reporting requests
- Have a working knowledge of Planning Center
If interested, please email Pastor John Mackall or call 410-960-6301.
Senior Pastor — First Baptist Church of Perryville in Maryland, seeks a full-time senior pastor serving as principal elder in an elder-led, missions-minded, Southern Baptist-affiliated church. The senior pastor will be first among equals on the elder board and have principal oversight responsibility for the ministry of the church. The position is available immediately and the salary is commensurate with education, experience, and local norms.
- Qualifications for an elder according to the biblical standards in 1 Timothy 3:1-7, Titus 1:5-9, and 1 Peter 5:1-4
- Strong ability in teaching sound doctrine, especially in expository preaching
- Full agreement with the doctrinal statements made in the Baptist Faith and Message (2000) and the church’s constitution and by-laws
- Servant leadership with a shepherd’s heart to care for and feed the flock entrusted to his care
- Missions-minded, as the church conducts missions activities in our state and around the world
- Lead the church to understand, embrace, and accomplish its biblical mission to make disciples both locally and globally through engaging Christ followers in worship, community, and ministry
- Organize, oversee, and/or conduct the gathered services of the church which include worship, prayer meetings, weddings, funerals, and other services that may need to occur from time to time
- Provide Bible-based counseling to members in need
- Oversee, along with elders, all church discipline matters and conflict issues in the church
- Supervise paid church staff, including tasks and evaluations
- Preferred Education: Masters of Divinity or higher from a conservative seminary
- Experience: Five or more years of pastoral experience in the local church
- Worship Style: Comfortable with both contemporary and traditional styles of worship music
Church & Community Information
- Single Sunday Service: average attendance: 135 (before COVID-19); membership: 120
- Staff: Senior pastor (vacant), part-time administrative assistant
- Perryville, MD, with a population of 4,000, is a growing community located in the southwest corner of Cecil County. The county has a population of 100,00 and is at the northern end of the Chesapeake Bay about halfway between Baltimore and Philadelphia.
- Major employers: U.S. Army Aberdeen Proving Ground, Perry Point VA Medical Center, Amtrak
Send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that job ads will continue weekly for ninety days unless notified otherwise.