“Be diligent to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who doesn’t need to be ashamed, correctly teaching the word of truth.” 2 Timothy 2:15
Worship Pastor — Cornerstone Baptist Church, in Greensboro, North Carolina, seeks a full-time Worship Pastor.
Our Mission is “Gather, Grow, Give, Go.” We Gather together to worship God. We Grow by spending time with God, hearing His Word taught and studying it with His people. When we grow, we become spiritually mature. Spiritual maturity leads us to Give, loving those who are far from God through fellowship and ministry. Fellowship demonstrates love, as believers seek to help one another grow in God’s love. Ministry takes place when we give to meet people’s needs, which shows them God’s love. We Go by sharing the hope of Jesus through ministry and evangelism. As ministry meets people’s needs, it opens the door for sharing the good news of the Gospel.
Spiritual maturity is evident when Believers Gather, Grow, Give, and Go. These four activities show we are fully participating in the Gospel.
Cornerstone is a Southern Baptist church. Dr. Rick Byrd, the lead pastor, has served the church for 22 years. We currently have two Sunday morning services at 9 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. The first service offers a blended worship style with a choir while the second service is contemporary with a full band. Attendance currently runs around 400 for the Sunday morning worship services.
We are seeking God’s man to serve as our new worship pastor and to oversee the worship ministry. The right candidate will have a deep personal relationship with Christ and exhibit the character and willingness to align with the church’s overall mission and vision. The candidate must also affirm the “Baptist Faith and Message 2000” in its entirety. He will lead the church in music and worship in a manner that is reverent yet relevant.
Potential candidates need to have a passion for intergenerational worship, leading modern elements of worship while still placing value on traditional music.
Additionally, the successful candidate MUST possess the minimum following qualifications:
- First and foremost, the maintenance and fostering of a healthy spiritual walk so as to be able to lead people with spiritual maturity and wisdom
- Excellent worship leadership abilities
- Outstanding technical music expertise (i.e. choral and instrumental skills, etc.)
- Strong leadership and motivational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to develop and maintain a high level of trust with lay leadership
- Mature and confident faith
- Ability to lead a choir
Education and Experience
- A bachelor’s degree is strongly preferred, though not required
- Five years or more of experience in full-time worship leadership at a church affiliated with the Southern Baptist Convention
The church will invite the successful candidate to participate in a round of video interviews, followed by in-person interviews. The candidate should be prepared to travel as necessary to meet face-to-face with the Worship Pastor Search Team and pastoral staff (travel expenses to be reimbursed).
Compensation shall include an annual salary plus benefits. Salary will be based on the candidate’s work experience, educational background and other factors. Benefits shall include but not be limited to the following:
- Health and Life Insurance
- Housing Allowance
Qualified candidates may mail their resumes to: Dr. Rick Byrd, Senior Pastor, ATTN: Worship Pastor Search Team Cornerstone Baptist Church, 5736 Inman Road. Greensboro, NC 27410 or email them to the search team.
Candidates may direct inquiries regarding items other than the submission of a resume to Steve Strobel, chairperson of the Minister of Music and Worship Search Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A full job description is available upon request.
Student Pastor — Emmanuel Church in Huntingtown, Maryland, is seeking a high-capacity visionary leader with a passion for equipping students to become fully developing followers of Jesus Christ. The student pastor at Emmanuel will give vision and strategic direction for the overall Student Ministry and provide hands-on directional leadership to the student ministry volunteers. The student pastor is expected to think strategically about evangelistic growth of the student ministry as a whole, while continually developing adult leaders and equipping them to build successful relationships with students and their parents. This person should be able to walk the line between a strategic visionary and a relational builder. The student pastor sees the relationships built with parents and volunteers as of equal importance to the relationships with the students. This person should be a team player and team builder who focuses on the good of the entire organization, especially in family ministry, and who can inspire others to work together to achieve excellence.
A successful student ministry seamlessly bridges students from the children’s ministry into full integration in the adult ministry.
Emmanuel presently uses Orange curriculum and employs a large group, small group model, but the new student pastor will have the opportunity to shape and mold the student ministry within the broader vision of the church. Emmanuel Church is currently developing plans for a new 12,000 square foot gym for use primarily by the student ministry. Construction is scheduled for the fall of 2021 and the candidate’s input on its final design would be beneficial. The successful candidate needs to be familiar with the Purpose Driven Church/Purpose Driven Youth Ministry, as this is the heartbeat of Emmanuel. This person must be committed to a family ministry model, understanding that student ministry is just one component of a healthy family.
Huntingtown is located in historic southern Maryland, minutes from the Chesapeake Bay and less than one hour from Annapolis and Washington, D.C. Huntingtown High School has approximately 1600 students and is one mile from campus. Plum Point Middle School has 640 students and is approximately three miles away. Additional public and private schools are less than ten miles from the church campus. Before the coronavirus pandemic, Emmanuel’s Sunday morning total attendance was 480-530 and the church staff currently has ten gifted members. Emmanuel has a vibrant Celebrate Recovery Ministry and is actively engaged in missions locally, regionally, and internationally.
Requirements: Vocational experience in student ministry. A master’s degree from an accredited seminary or Bible college is preferred.
The position is full-time with a salary range between $45,000 and $51,000.
Please send your resume or questions to email@example.com The church is accepting applications through September 30, 2020.
Senior Pastor — First Baptist Church of Perryville in Maryland, seeks a full-time senior pastor serving as principal elder in an elder-led, missions-minded, Southern Baptist-affiliated church. The senior pastor will be first among equals on the elder board and have principal oversight responsibility for the ministry of the church. The position is available immediately and the salary is commensurate with education, experience, and local norms.
- Qualifications for an elder according to the biblical standards in 1 Timothy 3:1-7, Titus 1:5-9, and 1 Peter 5:1-4
- Strong ability in teaching sound doctrine, especially in expository preaching
- Full agreement with the doctrinal statements made in the Baptist Faith and Message (2000) and the church’s constitution and by-laws
- Servant leadership with a shepherd’s heart to care for and feed the flock entrusted to his care
- Missions-minded, as the church conducts missions activities in our state and around the world
- Lead the church to understand, embrace, and accomplish its biblical mission to make disciples both locally and globally through engaging Christ followers in worship, community, and ministry
- Organize, oversee, and/or conduct the gathered services of the church which include worship, prayer meetings, weddings, funerals, and other services that may need to occur from time to time
- Provide Bible-based counseling to members in need
- Oversee, along with elders, all church discipline matters and conflict issues in the church
- Supervise paid church staff, including tasks and evaluations
- Preferred Education: Masters of Divinity or higher from a conservative seminary
- Experience: Five or more years of pastoral experience in the local church
- Worship Style: Comfortable with both contemporary and traditional styles of worship music
Church & Community Information
- Single Sunday Service: average attendance: 135 (before COVID-19); membership: 120
- Staff: Senior pastor (vacant), part-time administrative assistant
- Perryville, MD, with a population of 4,000, is a growing community located in the southwest corner of Cecil County. The county has a population of 100,00 and is at the northern end of the Chesapeake Bay about halfway between Baltimore and Philadelphia.
- Major employers: U.S. Army Aberdeen Proving Ground, Perry Point VA Medical Center, Amtrak
Send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Youth Pastor — Ocean City Baptist Church in Maryland, is a growing church located in the heart of one of the most family-friendly vacation spots on the East Coast. Our mission is to reach the world through loving God, loving others, and serving people at the beach. We are looking for someone who loves the Lord, loves youth, and has a growing relationship with Jesus to become part of our pastoral team. The main responsibilities will be to oversee all youth programs, minister to families within our community, and help integrate youth into the life of our church through mission and service. This is a full-time position.
If interested, please send your resume to Senior Pastor Sean Davis.
Worship Arts & Music Pastor — Calvary Baptist Church in Bel Air, Maryland, seeks a Worship Arts & Music Pastor who is passionate about connecting people to God through music, media, and the arts.
The worship pastor should:
- Know Jesus Christ as his personal Lord and Savior.
- Be divinely called and equipped as a worship minister/pastor.
- Be a tither of his financial receipts
- Possess a biblical theology of worship and be able to teach from that theological framework.
- Exhort, teach, equip, and challenge worshipers into deeper expressions of devotion and adoration.
- Possess musical gifting and training so that he can equip and deploy worship leaders.
- Build and administrate a strong worship arts ministry.
- Have technical knowledge and aptitude for audio-visual equipment and staging.
- Have a heart of a shepherd, and desire to help care for those in the Worship Arts & Music Ministry, as well as those in the broader church.
- Have a minimum of four years of experience in full-time Worship Arts & Music leadership.
- Have seminary experience (preferred).
Freelance Videographer/Video Editor
The Baptist Convention of Maryland/Delaware is looking for a reliable, qualified, and experienced freelance videographer and editor responsible for creating custom video projects on location and in our studio.
The video editor must have a strong technical understanding of color correction, color grading, motion graphics, and sound design.
We require the video editor to work in the latest version of Adobe Premiere.
- Must be able to deliver projects on time and on budget
- Knows how to take direction and offer creative solutions
- Input music, dialogues, graphics, and effects within the company’s branding
- Create rough and final cuts for various mediums
- Continuously discover and implement new editing technologies and industry’s best practices to maximize efficiency
- Must have proven work experience as a videographer and editor
- Students who are still in school for Film/Video are also encouraged to apply
- Must work in Adobe CC
- Solid experience with digital technology and editing software packages
- Demonstrable video production and editing ability with a strong portfolio
- Thorough knowledge of timing, lighting, sound, motivation, and continuity
- Familiarity with special effects and compositing
- Creative mind and storytelling skills
Please forward video samples upon submitting resume to Reginald Davis
For a full job description and more information or to submit your resume, email Rick Gebhardt, personnel partnership chairman. (8/20)
Please note that job ads will continue weekly for six weeks unless notified otherwise.