All great legacies come with a price tag. To move beyond mediocrity, you must invest every day in the invisible accounts of those who follow you!
The woman to be admired and praised is the woman who lives in the fear of the Lord.
--Proverbs 31:30 (The Message)
Our mission is to mobilize women in our churches to pray, grow as disciples, and use their gifts in advancing the Kingdom. In churches where women's ministry is relatively new, we will assist in encouraging participants to focus on developing women's leader’s teams that will encourage, motivate, and equip women within their individual congregations.
In churches where women's ministry is already established, our goal will be to assist the leaders to continue to offer Bible studies, training, and events that will continue to encourage women to hunger in their hearts for a deeper understanding of God's word. Ultimately, for all churches there will be an incentive for women to leave a godly legacy for those who come behind them.
The women's ministry will encourage women leaders in our congregations to:
- Recruit women to serve on a women's leadership team for at least a year, attend leadership meetings and who show a passion for other women to grow, not only spiritually, but in all areas of their lives.
- Present a plan to church leadership written by the team that will concretely define the purpose, goals and objectives of the women's ministry within the church.
- Select Bible studies and resources that will appeal to the women in their church and community; Bible studies that will encourage personal Bible study, heal marriages, restore family relationships, etc. These Bible studies should contribute to each woman's spiritual growth, which in turn, should influence the relationships she has with those around her.
- Encourage women through their service in the church to identify and use their spiritual gift(s) in ministry to meet needs of individuals in the church.
- Encourage the women to become active in areas in the community that will help them to apply the principles learned in church group/home Bible studies.
- Create a balanced woman's ministry that will create a desire in woman to become all that God has created them to be.
- Encourage women to apply what they have learned through Bible studies by participating in a missions activity that will enhance their personal growth.
Women's Ministry in partnership with WMU (Woman's Missionary Union)
An effective women's ministry includes, Bible studies, and missions activities. This concept is "Breathing In - Breathing Out". For a holistic approach in ministering to women, we encourage women's ministry leaders to participate with WMU leaders in educating women about missions.
For more information, please contact Melody Knox, 410-960-9500 or firstname.lastname@example.org.