Imagine joining the Author of all history in One Sacred Effort.
2014 Week of Prayer for International Missions - November 30 - December 7, 2014
From a song stage in Sweden to pregnancy health classes in Southeast Asia, International Mission Board missionaries find creative and effective ways to meet people where they are.
This year's eight Week of Prayer stories also illustrate how Southern Baptist unite to join God in His work. When you pray and give, you support those who extend your outreach from your church to those without Christ. You become part of God's story around the world!
In these Week of Prayer stories, you will learn how your support enables your missionaries to:
- - help churches like yours partner on the field
- - share Jesus through humans needs ministries
- - train local leaders to plant churches
- - reach people through songwriting and broadcasts
- - take the Scripture to villagers in their heart language
- - minister even in war grounds
The best story, of course, is written by the Author of all history. In His perfect plan to redeem all peoples, He continues to call His people to advance His gospel among all nations, together in one sacred effort.
"Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the nae of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit,teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." Matthew 28:19-20
Please join us as we mark our calendar for this set aside week of prayer specifically focused on our International Missionaries who serve abroad. As this prayer event begins, we will bring the prayer focus for each day in detail, until then please begin to pray for:
- - Tony Mathews (Missions Just Got Personal) - African American Pastor of North Garland Baptist Fellowship in Dallas Texas, who has endeavored to build into his church international missions into the DNA of his church.
- - Mike & Heather McAfee (Churches Share the Task) - reaching Abidjan (West African) with the gospel.
- - Nancy Potter (Pregnant Women Become Catalysts) - reaching women, in various stages of pregnancy, through pregnancy health classes to combat the high maternal mortality rate in the Southeast Asian region.
- - Robert Lane & his family (A Risk Worth Taking) - serving in war ground of South Sudan to reach the Dinka people group, numbering 3 million.
- - Mitch & Nellie Englehart (A New Wave of Church Planters)- reaching the people of Dhanwan, South Asia.
- - Linda Hamfors (Music Makes Relationships) - shares her story of how music makes relationships and she found Christ.
- - Jon Gerwig (Scripture Planting Is Key) - serving in East Asia to reach the Iron Pea people group.
- - Lily & Carlos Llambes (Planting Seeds For Planting Churches) - serving in the Dominican Republic.
Posted on Wed, September 17, 2014
by Donna Shiflett