REGISTRATION FOR THIS EVENT IS NOW CLOSED.
April 8 - 9, 2016
Beginning 5:00 p.m. (Friday) - Concluding 1:15 p.m. (Saturday)
DOUBLETREE HOTEL - 210 - HOLIDAY COURT - ANNAPOLIS - MD 21401
Please join us for a weekend of renewal, relaxation, and inspiration!
Theme: Clothed in Christ
Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with
compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Colossians 3:12
Ministry Wives gather together to enjoy a time of fellowship, worship, Bible teaching, and prayer. Details are to come!
One very special treat....by popular request we are excited to share that Keynote Speaker, Rita Sweatt, is returning and will bring her "Clothed in Christ" presentation.
CLOTHED IN CHRIST:
Taken from Colossians 3, this presentation visually demonstrates, with the aid of a mannequin, “taking off the old self and putting on the new self.” The mannequin is “stripped” garment by garment to communicate our need to rid ourselves of ungodly traits, then is re-clothed in Godly garments Christ paid for us to wear when He died for us on the cross. This humorous, yet serious, self-examination includes many true to life illustrations, as well as two solos by Rita
FRIDAY: Check-in after 4:00pm on Friday, April 8. The Friday night session begins with 6:00pm dinner followed by worship music.
SATURDAY: Saturday morning begins with a breakfast buffet (7:15 - 8:00am) followed by two teaching sessions, and worship music. A delicious lunch and prayer time conclude our time together by 1:00pm.
Detailed schedule will be made available at check-in.
DoubleTree Hotel - 210 Holiday Court - Annapolis - Maryland 21401
Participation is limited to those from churches affiliated with or pursuing affiliation with the Mid-Atlantic Baptist Network. Other interested Southern Baptist Convention churches should contact Donna Jefferys at email@example.com.
Cost includes hotel room and meals.
$100 double occupancy (per person price). This price is for those who share a room - $100 per person.
$175 single occupancy
Commuter Cost AFTER March 11
Cost includes meals.
$45 (no lodging)
Registration is now closed.
- Treasure Exchange: Got a purse, scarf, or piece of jewelry that is in great shape but you no longer use? Maybe the only thing wrong with it is that you've grown tired of it, so now it's just taking up space. How would you like to be able to exchange it for someone else's slightly used but still great item? We would like for you to bring your pre-owned items to exchange with other ladies. We will have fun watching each other find new treasures as we exchange no longer used things for new to us accessories that will complete that new outfit.
- Prayer Room: The Prayer room will be back this year. Plan to come and spend some time basking in the presence of the Lord and laying your burdens, request and prayer at His feet!
- Massages: Our precious ladies will be back doing massages. Place your name in the box when you register and see if you are one of the ladies that will be blessed with a massage!
- Tranquility Tea: Do you need a quiet way to end the week? Come enjoy some tranquil tea and quiet conversation with other ministry wives. No need to bring anything. Just show up and be blessed!
Saturday Breakout Conferences:
- What Are You Wearing? - Cathi White
- What do the clothes you wear say about the way you clothe your mind? Do the clothes you wear reflect your walk with Christ? Come and learn some practical suggestions on how to dress spiritually as one who follows and reflects the love of Christ daily.
- Clothed in Christ - Debra Youngbar, Annette Hough and Nancy Rouse
- A ministry wives guide to looking smart, sharp and never "falling apart." In this breakout you will receive some practical tips on how to pull together outfits for every occasion that will modestly enhance your body type. Prepare to have fun with this interactive fashion show!
- Fervent - A Woman's Battle Plan to Serious, Specific and Strategic Prayer - Melody Knox
- Priscilla Shirer - You have an enemy and he's dead set on destroying all you hold dear and keeping you from experiencing abundant life in Christ. Fervent, written in conjunction with the movie, "War Room" will guide you in crafting out prayer strategies that will hit the enemy where it hurts, letting him know you are on to him and that you won't back down. In the end, we win!
- Practical Pearls - Jo Ann Jordan
- Every woman needs a beautiful set of pearls! In this conference a pastor's wife of 40 years will share practical "pearls of wisdom" that helped her survive and thrive as a ministry wife. Participants will also be encouraged to share their secrets to successful ministry.
- Let's Party -Barbara Matney
- Want to shop and help women here and throughout the world escape poverty, slavery or many other types of lifestyles? Come learn how to host a World Crafts party that helps provide sustainable income and offer eternal hope. Everything from themes, invitations, planning guides, sample items and so much more.
This year we are blessed to have LaTarrea Shavaun Jackson lead our worship!
LaTarrea Shavaun Jackson is a native of Birmingham, Alabama. She was born August 1, 1979, to Rev. James and Dessie Dixon, Jr.
Shavaun was introduced to Christ, ministry and missions at a very early age. She contributes her love for ministry to her parents. They instilled in her the desire to be a dispenser of God’s love and the boldness to not compromise her faith. All of this built the sturdy foundation on which Shavaun now stands upon.
Shavaun kept the legacy flowing throughout her own family. She is married to Alton B. Jackson, II (AJ) and is the mother of two amazing boys, Camron and Christopher. The Jackson family is committed to cultivating the hearts of people through ministry, music, and business. They are a family of undeniable talent and have committed to empty their lives out to God so that the world may experience the light of Christ.
LaTarrea Shavaun Jackson is an extraordinary, anointed women of God with a passion to do the will of her Savior and to be a freedom agent for His people.
MORE ABOUT RITA:
Rita Sweatt draws on her God-given talents of combining music and drama to provide spiritual insights from biblical characters into present-day application. Rita uses her gifts to inspire and teach women in settings that range from weekly Bible studies to retreat settings. She is married to Dr. Lloyd Sweatt and is mother to three daughters and two grandchildren. Rita currently resides in Amory, Mississippi.
* Unfortunately, individual request for dietary restrictions cannot be accommodated. There will be a variety of meals that will offer vegetables, meats, and salads.
NOTE: Though this is an adult only event we are sensitive to our nursing mother and baby to feel welcome.