Life Transformation Groups (LTG)
In the book Cultivating a Life For God, Church planter, author, and advocate of simple, organic churches, Neil Cole, presents what he calls Life Transformation Groups. These same-gender, micro-groups of two, becoming three, then four – that multiply to become two groups of two – are built around some basic beliefs about where/how life change happens:
- In Community: Ecclesiastes 4:9 says, “Two are better than one.”
- With Accountability: It is difficult to be held accountable to a multitude of people.
- Requiring Confidentiality: Confidentiality is much easier to control in a context of two or three.
- Including Flexibility: Most of us have had the experience of trying to coordinate the calendars of a handful of busy people.
- Pursuing Reproducibility: Simple things multiply easier than complex things.
There are three basic practices each time a LTG gathers:
- Confession of sin
- Receiving & obeying God’s Word
- Focused prayer for those in our lives who do not know Christ
Large sections of Scripture are read during the week. When the group gathers the essential questions discussed are:
- What did God say to you?
- How do you know this was God?
- What are you going to do about it?
- How do we help you?
- Do you have a need to confess sin?
- This discussion is followed by focused prayer for those in our lives who do not know Christ.
Some basic LTG resources including an audio presentation by Neil Cole and a LTG Facebook group can be found on the LTG page of the Church Multiplication Associates website.
If you would like to have additional conversations about this model email me, Randy Millwood (my contact info is in the sidebar).