The Baptist Foundation of Maryland/Delaware is ready to conduct an Estate Planning Seminar for your church or group. Please contact Bill Peacock at 443.831.4545, or at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
What is Estate Planning?
Estate Planning is a broad term that encompasses many aspects of financial planning. Estate plans should be designed to fit personal goals and financial situations. Certain items, however, are common to most estate plans.
The cornerstone of most estate plans is the Last Will and Testament. This legal document outlines personal bequests, specifies the financial arrangements to be made upon death for the benefit of heirs and can be used to appoint guardians for minor children. A Will is a flexible tool that can and should be revised as financial circumstances change.
In addition to drafting a Will, estate planning involves several other critical steps and decisions. These may include the following:
- Implementing tax-saving strategies through the proper use of gifts and trusts,
- Deciding on the best forms of property ownership,
- Periodically reviewing life insurance policies,
- Naming a personal representative or executor for your estate, and
- Naming a Health Care Power of Attorney, a Personal Guardian, and preparing an Advance Directive.
An Estate Planning Seminar can be helpful in conveying this information to churches or other groups, and can be tailored to meet their specific needs.