The Disaster Relief Training for May 14-15 has been canceled.
Due to the unprecedented number of Maryland/Delaware disaster relief teams responding in Haiti, New England and potentially Tennessee, the Disaster Relief training scheduled for May 14-15 has been CANCELLED. The next training conference will be held November 5-6 at First Baptist Church of Upper Marlboro.
We are actively recruiting trained and untrained volunteers for the following disaster deployments:
New England (mudout/cleanup) May 15-22 and May 22-29
Haiti (demolition) June 6-13 and June 20-27
Please contact Ellen Udovich for more information: email@example.com 443-250-2555
This Event has been canceled
Ogletown Baptist Church
316 Red Mill Rd.
Newark, DE. 19713
Due to new Homeland Security policies, back ground checks are new required.
Cost (includes food & background security check)
$35.00 New Volunteers
$30.00 Returning Volunteers
Training classes being offered are:
- Introduction to Disaster Relief
- Feeding Unit
- ICS 100 (Incident Command System)
- Chaplain Training (Must have taken Intro to Disaster Relief before being able to take this class)
- Must be 18 years or older and be a member of a BCM/D church.
- Must complete Introduction to Disaster Relief and at least one hands-on unit course.
Disaster Relief Volunteers
- Must retrain at least every 3 years to maintain their current status.
- Do not need to take Introduction to Disaster Relief
For Those Choosing to Spend the Night
Overnight accommodations are provided free of charge at Ogletown Baptist Church. Registration for overnight stay is required. Those staying overnight should bring sleeping bags, towels and personal items. Showers are available on-site.
Online registration available below
Friday- early bird
5:00 - 6:30 pm
- ID badges & clothing store open
6:30 -7:30 pm
- Welcome, devotion, instruction for Friday sessions
7:00 - 9:00 pm
- Introduction to DR (required for all NEW volunteers)
- Unit Overviews
Saturday - morning
8:00 - 9:00 am
- Registration opens
- ID badges & clothing store opens
9:00 - 9:30 am
- Welcome, devotion, instruction for Saturday sessions
9:30 - 11:30
- Introduction of Dr *repeat* (required for all New volunteers)
- Blue Hat/Unit Leader (by invitation)
- ICS100 (strongly encouraged for returning volunteers)
- Chaplain Training
11:30 - 12:30
- ID badge & clothing store open
- Team Time - (any teams wishing to meet)
12:45 - 2:45
- Feeding *repeat*
- Recovery *repeat*
- Communication *repeat*
- Laundry *repeat*
- ICS 100 *repeat*
2:45 - 3:30
For a copy of the Disaster Relief Training Conference information, please click here.
For online registration, click on the "register now" button below.
If you are in need of additional information, please contact; Ellen Udovich at 443-250-2555 or firstname.lastname@example.org OR Donna Shiflett at 410-290-5290 ext 226 or email@example.com