A word from Baptist Global Response (BGR)
Rescue The Perishing
Health care is an integral part of meeting human needs - and the need is overwhelming.
- Diarrheal diseases kills about 2 million small children each year.
- About 4 million people die annually from acute respiratory infections such as influenza and pneumonia.
- 45% of deaths in poorcommunities of Southeast Asia & Africa are caused by infectious diseases.
- 1/3 of the world's population does not have access to essential drugs.
- In many countries of sub-Saharan Africa, there are fewer than three doctors per 10,000 people.
When God has given us the skills and tools to help, how can we not reach out in love and rescue those who are perishing?
A Healing Touch
All around the world, Southern Baptist are engaged in healing ministry - bringing physical, mental, and spiritual wholeness to hurting, suffering people. We follow the example of Jesus, who modeled healing ministry and commanded his followers to a care for "the least of these."
Baptist Global Response offers opportunities for medical ministries that allow health care professionals to live out the compassion of Christ with people in need. BGR does this in partnership with a variety of groups, such as Global Medical Alliance/International Mission Board, Baptist Medical Dental Fellowship Christian Medical and Dental Associations, Medical Missions Response, as well as many others.
You Can Help!
Health care professionals like you can make a difference in any number of ways. You can pray for health needs and health care projects. You can find out what is going on in health care ministries around the world. Become aware of the needs. As you learn about needs, make yourself available if God asks you to go with a medical team or to a medical institution. You can be involved in patient care, public health projects or medical education. You also can become equipped to respond when disaster strikes.
For more information, contact Dr. Rebekah Naylor at email@example.com